To the nice gentleman....

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2017, 09:02 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
It's a riot. See things that I have never seen in 48 years of playing golf. Eleven practice swings to chunk a ball 10 yards, then another 11. Tee shots that go about 120 yards into the middle of the pond, and the golfer looking for his ball up by the green. Spouses arguing over the exact place a ball should be dropped, when they're going to score double digits on the hole anyway. People going 20 feet into the environmental area for a top flite x-out ball. Ten minute safaris into the cord grass. That's all in addition to the rake allergies and sand deficiencies. Oh, I forgot the innumerable times a club has been flung further that the ball, and the expletives associated with it. Entertainment value alone is worth every penny.
It is hilarious and entertaining at times, isn't it?
Old 02-24-2017, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I also once heard someone say, I don't have to rake the trap because I'm a priority member. From the looks of some of our traps, there is more one.

Today I'm playing Egret at 1:56, I'll be driving the Ravens Cart, I'll keep an eye out for ya at the 8th hole.
Sorry I'll have to miss you--taking my granddaughter to Weeki Wachee, she loves mermaids
Old 02-24-2017, 09:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,478 Times in 711 Posts

Quote:
It's a riot. See things that I have never seen in 48 years of playing golf. Eleven practice swings to chunk a ball 10 yards, then another 11. Tee shots that go about 120 yards into the middle of the pond, and the golfer looking for his ball up by the green. Spouses arguing over the exact place a ball should be dropped, when they're going to score double digits on the hole anyway. People going 20 feet into the environmental area for a top flite x-out ball. Ten minute safaris into the cord grass. That's all in addition to the rake allergies and sand deficiencies. Oh, I forgot the innumerable times a club has been flung further that the ball, and the expletives associated with it. Entertainment value alone is worth every penny.
Excellent description of your observations. Very easy to visualize. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2017, 04:10 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sorry I'll have to miss you--taking my granddaughter to Weeki Wachee, she loves mermaids

You'll enjoy it also. I took my granddaughters there last year. A bit of old Florida.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-25-2017, 09:50 AM
Sage

To me, it's more important to go for breakfast after an early round of golf.

Seriously, some people feel a sense of entitlement. Nuff said......

I just want to do the right thing! Uncle Joe, (my hero).
Old 02-25-2017, 10:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Golfing Eagle I played #8 at Egret yesterday like I said in my earlier post. We are now playing from the white tees because my neighbor has a hip problem and he's going to see a surgeon in Tampa about getting a new one. Anyway, he use to out drive me by 20 yards and now I out drive him by 20 yards, he's lost distance and my working out at MVP has paid off. It's a big difference hitting from the whites, you would of never seen me yesterday because my drive ended up about 10 yards from the green, I figured about 270 yards since the green is 280. I really like that hole, it suits my eye perfect from the tee. Some holes are like that, for example Riley Grove #1 at Palmer is another, or Hemingway #1 at Havana.
Old 02-25-2017, 12:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Golfing Eagle I played #8 at Egret yesterday like I said in my earlier post. We are now playing from the white tees because my neighbor has a hip problem and he's going to see a surgeon in Tampa about getting a new one. Anyway, he use to out drive me by 20 yards and now I out drive him by 20 yards, he's lost distance and my working out at MVP has paid off. It's a big difference hitting from the whites, you would of never seen me yesterday because my drive ended up about 10 yards from the green, I figured about 270 yards since the green is 280. I really like that hole, it suits my eye perfect from the tee. Some holes are like that, for example Riley Grove #1 at Palmer is another, or Hemingway #1 at Havana.

John - you've got a heck of a drive there. You should give up the whites and play from the tips! [emoji41]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-25-2017, 04:04 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I ran out of sand on the previous hole being very conscientious about filling in my divots. I was waiting for the Ambassador to arrive to fill my bottle back up. After golf I immediately went and purchased a second sand bottle to help alleviate this regretful situation in the future.

Sounds like you should be driving a front end loader, not a golf cart.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Ouch...that's harsh.

I lost my sand bottle a couple of years ago.

Actually, a twosome I hooked up with kept borrowing it for their cart...and my guess is that's where it went at the end of the round.

I didn't notice until leaving my garage for my next round, so grabbed an empty small milk carton and cut it to use as a temporary bottle.

An Ambassador noticed it and the next thing I know, he was back with a brand new one (different brand cart, but it fits)...instructions still in the bottle.

I tried paying him for it and he didn't want any money, but I made him take $10 for lunch anyway.

I now have my name and phone number on it.
Old 02-25-2017, 04:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I ran out of sand on the previous hole being very conscientious about filling in my divots. I was waiting for the Ambassador to arrive to fill my bottle back up. After golf I immediately went and purchased a second sand bottle to help alleviate this regretful situation in the future. My wife will be very happy to know you took notice of the clothes she picked out for me to wear on the course yesterday. While I was cleaning my clubs I couldn't help but notice your bushes need trimming.
Old 02-25-2017, 07:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,278 Times in 807 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpy View Post
Such an amateur - you probably don't even need a sand bottles. If you are not using close to a bottle of sand in a round of golf you may need to ask Santa for a lessons package.
Closed Thread

Tags
divot, cart, club, good, white

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.