To the nice gentleman....

Closed Thread
Old 02-23-2017, 03:30 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts
Default To the nice gentleman....

driving a dark cart with a white enclosure wearing pink/red shorts, a white shirt and a straw hat and was playing #8 of Egret at 3:15, I hope you see this. You took a huge divot with a practice swing and then a medium divot with your shot. The bottle on your cart is NOT a urinal, it is considered good etiquette to use the sand to fill your divots. Not that this is all that unusual, but I found it particularly annoying that you spent 30-40 seconds cleaning the dirt and grass off YOUR club, and then drove off. In the future, please be considerate and take as good, if not better care of the courses that WE ALL share as you do with YOUR OWN club. Thank you.
Old 02-23-2017, 04:00 PM

Old 02-23-2017, 04:32 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
driving a dark cart with a white enclosure wearing pink/red shorts, a white shirt and a straw hat and was playing #8 of Egret at 3:15, I hope you see this. You took a huge divot with a practice swing and then a medium divot with your shot. The bottle on your cart is NOT a urinal, it is considered good etiquette to use the sand to fill your divots. Not that this is all that unusual, but I found it particularly annoying that you spent 30-40 seconds cleaning the dirt and grass off YOUR club, and then drove off. In the future, please be considerate and take as good, if not better care of the courses that WE ALL share as you do with YOUR OWN club. Thank you.
But, I'm on vacation. I paid a lot of money to rent a home, let The Villagers take care of it. !!!!!!! This time of year the courses get destroyed.
Old 02-23-2017, 08:30 PM
Sage

Quote:

Right on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Old 02-23-2017, 09:40 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
I think sometimes we're fighting a losing battle with the privileged/entitled over fixing, filling and raking. I heard everything from one person saying "I don't have to because I'm a priority member" to another telling a ambassador "I don't have to, that's your job" to the best one yet, "I live in Bridgeport, I don't have to do that".

I'd really hate to see what their home interior looks like if they can't even clean up their carnage of our golf courses.
Old 02-23-2017, 09:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
I think sometimes we're fighting a losing battle with the privileged/entitled over fixing, filling and raking. I heard everything from one person saying "I don't have to because I'm a priority member" to another telling a ambassador "I don't have to, that's your job" to the best one yet, "I live in Bridgeport, I don't have to do that".

I'd really hate to see what their home interior looks like if they can't even clean up their carnage of our golf courses.
I am skeptical that someone said that.
Old 02-23-2017, 11:58 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default To the nice gentleman....

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post

Why ?

snob

noun

" a person with an exaggerated respect for high social position or wealth who seeks to associate with social superiors and dislikes people or activities regarded as lower-class.
a person who believes that their tastes in a particular area are superior to those of other people. "
Old 02-24-2017, 12:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,479 Times in 712 Posts

Quote:
I assume you live on #8 at Egret since you started another thread about an 8 year old playing golf there. That spot must be a constant source of of entertainment. Good for you.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Old 02-24-2017, 06:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
GG, I've heard the same old wives tale with several other premier neighborhood names used. Ahhh, first world problems.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,282 Times in 810 Posts

Quote:
I ran out of sand on the previous hole being very conscientious about filling in my divots. I was waiting for the Ambassador to arrive to fill my bottle back up. After golf I immediately went and purchased a second sand bottle to help alleviate this regretful situation in the future. My wife will be very happy to know you took notice of the clothes she picked out for me to wear on the course yesterday. While I was cleaning my clubs I couldn't help but notice your bushes need trimming.
Old 02-24-2017, 06:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
I ran out of sand on the previous hole being very conscientious about filling in my divots. I was waiting for the Ambassador to arrive to fill my bottle back up. After golf I immediately went and purchased a second sand bottle to help alleviate this regretful situation in the future. My wife will be very happy to know you took notice of the clothes she picked out for me to wear on the course yesterday. While I was cleaning my clubs I couldn't help but notice your bushes need trimming.
Old 02-24-2017, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post

Old 02-24-2017, 08:40 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
And boom, here we go again. Be skeptical all you want; it was said to a person very, very close to me.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:50 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
I assume you live on #8 at Egret since you started another thread about an 8 year old playing golf there. That spot must be a constant source of of entertainment. Good for you.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
It's a riot. See things that I have never seen in 48 years of playing golf. Eleven practice swings to chunk a ball 10 yards, then another 11. Tee shots that go about 120 yards into the middle of the pond, and the golfer looking for his ball up by the green. Spouses arguing over the exact place a ball should be dropped, when they're going to score double digits on the hole anyway. People going 20 feet into the environmental area for a top flite x-out ball. Ten minute safaris into the cord grass. That's all in addition to the rake allergies and sand deficiencies. Oh, I forgot the innumerable times a club has been flung further that the ball, and the expletives associated with it. Entertainment value alone is worth every penny.
Old 02-24-2017, 08:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
...I heard everything from one person saying "I don't have to because I'm a priority member" to another telling a ambassador "I don't have to, that's your job" to the best one yet, "I live in Bridgeport, I don't have to do that"...
I also once heard someone say, I don't have to rake the trap because I'm a priority member. From the looks of some of our traps, there is more one.

Today I'm playing Egret at 1:56, I'll be driving the Ravens Cart, I'll keep an eye out for ya at the 8th hole.
Closed Thread

Tags
divot, cart, club, good, white

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.