No more marked scorecards?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-23-2020, 06:13 AM
HIgolfers HIgolfers is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 116
Thanks: 48
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Default No more marked scorecards?

So the scorecards on Championship courses are no longer marked for the pin position? For the last few weeks have not had a scorecard marked. I have not seen an official announcement but I guess starters are too busy??
  #2  
Old 06-23-2020, 06:22 AM
karostay's Avatar
karostay karostay is offline
Soaring Eagle member
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Conn/Maine /
Posts: 2,469
Thanks: 58
Thanked 991 Times in 375 Posts
Default

99.9 % can't hit the green anyway
Cracks me up golfers spent $500 for range finder so they can have exact measurement miss green by 25 to 50 yard anyway
What's your point ?
__________________
Don't take life Too Serious ..It isn't permanent
  #3  
Old 06-23-2020, 06:25 AM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 6,059
Thanks: 204
Thanked 2,087 Times in 831 Posts
Default

__________________
The Masked Man
  #4  
Old 06-23-2020, 07:12 AM
birdiebill birdiebill is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Osceola Hills
Posts: 175
Thanks: 3
Thanked 55 Times in 32 Posts
Default

We must play different courses, because I have had only one time in the last three weeks that my card was not pre-marked. I marked my own. It took less than 30 seconds.
__________________
Indiana, Virginia, Vietnam, Tennessee, Indiana, Alabama, S. Korea, Georgia, Washington, Hawaii, Washington, Indiana, Osceola Hills
  #5  
Old 06-23-2020, 07:23 AM
bilcon bilcon is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 558
Thanks: 4
Thanked 233 Times in 102 Posts
Default

WOW, what a tragedy. They tell you the pin location when you check in. Mine were marked recently. Probably a lazy worker forgot.
  #6  
Old 06-23-2020, 08:44 AM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 14,371
Thanks: 2
Thanked 991 Times in 498 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by higolfers View Post
so the scorecards on championship courses are no longer marked for the pin position? For the last few weeks have not had a scorecard marked. I have not seen an official announcement but i guess starters are too busy??
omg!
  #7  
Old 06-23-2020, 10:20 AM
Marathon Man Marathon Man is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,296
Thanks: 2
Thanked 703 Times in 288 Posts
Default

Not my all time favorite complaint, but I am thinking top five.
  #8  
Old 06-23-2020, 10:25 AM
Marvic 1's Avatar
Marvic 1 Marvic 1 is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 300
Thanks: 130
Thanked 321 Times in 138 Posts
Default

No wonder I been missing the mark!
  #9  
Old 06-23-2020, 12:50 PM
HIgolfers HIgolfers is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 116
Thanks: 48
Thanked 20 Times in 13 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
99.9 % can't hit the green anyway
Cracks me up golfers spent $500 for range finder so they can have exact measurement miss green by 25 to 50 yard anyway
What's your point ?
My point is that marked cards tell you where the hole is located on the green. If you as a golfer don’t need that info more power to you. But I like to know whether pin is up front, in the middle, or in the back.

Since the scorecards have always been marked in the past (at least for the 3 years I have lived here) I just wondered if it was a conscious decision by someone in TV golf course management system or if it just depends on what starter is working.
  #10  
Old 06-23-2020, 01:08 PM
Two Bills Two Bills is offline
Platinum member
Join Date: Aug 2016
Posts: 1,826
Thanks: 314
Thanked 1,502 Times in 556 Posts
Default

I'm ecstatic if I hit the green.
**** it where the pin is. I will worry about that when I get there!!
  #11  
Old 06-23-2020, 02:41 PM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 6,059
Thanks: 204
Thanked 2,087 Times in 831 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIgolfers View Post
My point is that marked cards tell you where the hole is located on the green. If you as a golfer don’t need that info more power to you. But I like to know whether pin is up front, in the middle, or in the back.

Since the scorecards have always been marked in the past (at least for the 3 years I have lived here) I just wondered if it was a conscious decision by someone in TV golf course management system or if it just depends on what starter is working.

The pro shop will tell you pin placement.
The starter will tell you pin placement.
The card has the number on it.


And if no one tells you, you can figure it out on the first green......"Oh, it's pin placement #2 today."


__________________
The Masked Man
  #12  
Old 06-24-2020, 05:51 AM
Joanne19335's Avatar
Joanne19335 Joanne19335 is offline
Member
Join Date: Sep 2017
Location: Village of Belvedere
Posts: 71
Thanks: 72
Thanked 137 Times in 46 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by birdiebill View Post
We must play different courses, because I have had only one time in the last three weeks that my card was not pre-marked. I marked my own. It took less than 30 seconds.
It also takes less than 30 seconds to fix the ball mark you leave on the greens (unless you roll the ball onto them) like the majority of us do. Starters have had additional duties during COVID. Just be happy you can golf and find something more important to complain about.
  #13  
Old 06-24-2020, 06:13 AM
Miguel 1952's Avatar
Miguel 1952 Miguel 1952 is offline
Member
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Columbus, Ohio now living in Miami, FL
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 23 Times in 11 Posts
Default If I hit the green, a miracle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Two Bills View Post
I'm ecstatic if I hit the green.
**** it where the pin is. I will worry about that when I get there!!
I completely agree! 🏌️
  #14  
Old 06-24-2020, 06:54 AM
rjn5656's Avatar
rjn5656 rjn5656 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,092
Thanks: 44
Thanked 263 Times in 73 Posts
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default Marked Cards

I played Glenview monday and they were marked.
__________________
Bob anc Cheri
Upstate NY/Bonita
  #15  
Old 06-24-2020, 07:06 AM
Jazzman Jazzman is offline
Member
Join Date: Mar 2020
Posts: 67
Thanks: 53
Thanked 50 Times in 35 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIgolfers View Post
So the scorecards on Championship courses are no longer marked for the pin position? For the last few weeks have not had a scorecard marked. I have not seen an official announcement but I guess starters are too busy??
They mark the pin position for hole one. That will be the same for the remaining 17. They are going to ha e the next batch pre printed with the markings. Resuscitations the starters doing it manually
Reply

Tags
marked, scorecards, guess, announcement, starters

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:59 PM.