No visitors, not even family, may golf and cashless policy.

Closed Thread
Old 04-07-2020, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BevSparks View Post
You can check on thevillages.net site for the latest updates, starting tomorrow they will NOT be renting out carts.
Incorrect. Still renting carts. Not renting golf clubs. And it is golfthevillages.com that has the updates for the golf courses.

Last edited by MSchad; 04-07-2020 at 02:07 PM.
Old 04-07-2020, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
Fron Turf Talk:
Effective April 8th, there will be no exchange of cash for payment of a daily trail fee or guest rate to play golf. Trail Fees must be paid in advance or via phone with a credit card. To accommodate residents and make this transition as seamless as possible, the following updates will take effect on April 8th:

A new temporary monthly flat fee of $ 20.00 per month for Trail Fees will be created to accommodate what are now daily cash trail fee golfers. This is in addition to the 6-month and yearly trail fees.Customer Service and Recreation Administration will be taking calls and payment from residents Monday – Friday from 6:45am to 5pm and Saturday & Sunday from 6:45am – 4:00pm.The Starter Shacks will provide a phone number to those residents wishing to purchase the monthly trail fee. In addition, Customer Service will continue to be available via email at CustomerService@districtgov.org and will contact residents via telephone to pay annual trail fees. Tee time hours are being modified to reflect the current available staffing levels of Executive Golf Operations. Hours will be from 7am through 4pm.A golfer will still have the ability to play by walking with a pull cart or carrying their own bag. Only single riders in golf cars will be permitted unless the individuals are cohabitating in the same home.
Do you happen to have the telephone number?
Old 04-08-2020, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniak4@gmail.com View Post
As an employee and player, I am grateful for the changes and focus to keep everyone as safe as possible yet offer the opportunity to be outside for several hours enjoying the game we all love. The steps taken by the Golf and Tennis organization is right on!!
These steps should make golf very safe! Only issue I have is that they are 2 weeks later than they should have been. I truly don't understand the delay! I am truly thankful for the low numbers we are experiencing in The Villages.

I do think there needs to be changes at the top of the golf division. For the leaders of the division not have any direct communication with the staff is unheard of in any size organization. Under GMS we would have had some kind of direction. After the governors announcement last Thursday warning concerning residents 65 and older we heard nothing on Friday. We truly have no leadership at the top!
Old 04-08-2020, 09:57 AM
Veteran member

Case in point. My neighbor has gone back home. Last week some younger kids and I assume their young mother were in his pool all day several days screaming and running around like kids do and making life miserable for the neighbors. I know this couple has no kids. Guess what? They are visiting from up North because there is no school and they are staying for several weeks down the street. They have permission from the owner to use the pool, because the grandparents watch the house while the snow birds are away. Very thoughtful, and why are they not doing school work? And why are they here? Reminds me of the joke showing the mother ripping the bumper sticker that says: "My kid is an honor student" off her car. I guess the home schooling was not going well.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, play, cashless, courses, policy

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.