Not really a golfer but it looks like I play a lot.

Closed Thread
Old 01-05-2023, 06:23 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,589 Times in 934 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
Can anyone here please explain how someone can check their play history?
Go the TheVillages.net
Click on GOLF
The 6th option from the top is called, review your play history.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mayes View Post
This is called “ghosting” and is highly frowned upon by the G&T office. It prevents other golfers from potentially getting a spot during high play times. If it happens on a regular basis, the person making the reservations may be flagged and receive a warning.
You are 100% correct. Usually the first offence the person who entered the ghost golfer gets a call from the tee time office and given a warning this is not allowed. If caught a second time the usual punishment is suspension of golf privileges for a period of time. The office has the ability to track if this is a certain group of golfers using this practice. Upon first offence the office will notify the person who entered the golfer to also notify all the other golfers in your group you have been warned. If a different golfer in your group now enters a ghost golfer that golfer generally will not get a warning and golf privileges suspended.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,743 Times in 1,225 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa_lecki View Post
Go the TheVillages.net
Click on GOLF
The 6th option from the top is called, review your play history.
Is there a way to check online if you do not have an account?
Old 01-05-2023, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Guy View Post
You left out SPECIAL and/or ENTITLED
I think TV should create a new class of residents, THE ENTITLED. They should wear badges or special hats to let us lesser mortals know their lofty status.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedFoot78 View Post
I think TV should create a new class of residents, THE ENTITLED. They should wear badges or special hats to let us lesser mortals know their lofty status.
No need to wear badges or special hats...... you'll know who they are.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:26 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypress View Post
Hopefully my last post on this matter but as I sat here thinking about this I came to this conclusion. If I let someone make a tee time with my Villages ID my number can be passed around the entire population of the villages and used to ghost tee times and hold spots for people who may or may not play in that time.
This is a very sloppy and easy to abuse method of operation. Your ID can become a commodity.
Somebody can miss type an ID that is yours and be assigned a time unknown to you...
Old 01-05-2023, 07:35 AM

Then they should use the indecisive players number to hold the spot. Let him get the points for not showing up.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs.Guy View Post
Perhaps just like a GATE CARD that is cloned and sold?
A gate card is a copy of a key I own for an unlocked door. So what?

Villages ID theft to ghost a time is very different.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:41 AM

I routinely will “hold” a spot if for example we have 19 expected to play. But I usually do so by putting in a guest. Come the evening before the golf outing if no one becomes available to fill that spot I will delete it thus making it available for an outside single to join us. Quite often one of our players who originally could not play has a scheduling change and becomes free to play so I simply substitute them in the held spot.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:49 AM
Veteran member
Default Golf # used

Quote:
Not her. What is the reasoning behind holding a spot. Some old high school buddy may show up out of the blue and want to play random golf? Just not sure why someone would hold a spot?
Someone may be using your # because you have lass points and helps get them a tee time then substitutes the player with more points or cancels you. It is against the rules and is considered fraud and will result in suspension of golf privileges if for both of you if caught. By all means report it. Some men use their non playing wives to do that and also will result in suspension if caught.
Old 01-05-2023, 07:57 AM
Veteran member
Default Rules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest737 View Post
I routinely will “hold” a spot if for example we have 19 expected to play. But I usually do so by putting in a guest. Come the evening before the golf outing if no one becomes available to fill that spot I will delete it thus making it available for an outside single to join us. Quite often one of our players who originally could not play has a scheduling change and becomes free to play so I simply substitute them in the held spot.
That is against the rules and considered fraud by TV and will result in suspension if caught. Check your rules.
Old 01-05-2023, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest737 View Post
Seriously? 19!!!
Old 01-05-2023, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Not her. What is the reasoning behind holding a spot. Some old high school buddy may show up out of the blue and want to play random golf? Just not sure why someone would hold a spot?
I have a neighbor that uses his wife's iD number because she plays infrequently while he accumulates 4-6 points a week. It lowers the average points with a higher probability of getting a reservation.
Old 01-05-2023, 08:33 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,073 Times in 430 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie66 View Post
I have a neighbor that uses his wife's iD number because she plays infrequently while he accumulates 4-6 points a week. It lowers the average points with a higher probability of getting a reservation.
And that is absolutely abuse of the system.
Old 01-05-2023, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altavia View Post
Somebody can miss type an ID that is yours and be assigned a time unknown to you...
That could explain once at best, but this seems to be an ongoing problem for the OP
Closed Thread

Tags
play, cancel, player, compromised, sign

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.