retention ponds for golf courses...

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2021, 11:50 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default retention ponds for golf courses...

It'll be interesting to me to see how full many of the exec course ponds get. Sure won't hurt the course conditions of the greens and my lawn. Not going to make the ball hawkers happy...can't please anyone.

I played a few days ago with 3 strangers of whom one loved to look for balls in the ponds . I putted out...he was still fishing...I waited for the other two players to putt out and then walked to the next tee. He showed up after we 3 teed off...he actually didn't finish 3 holes he was so intent on finding old golf balls he'd just pick up when he saw he was the only one left on the hole.

Unless I'm looking for my own(quite rare ;-)(3 minutes max)or a playing partner I don't look once the hole has begun. Typically, I offer ones I find to those I'm playing with, the balls...no takers then leave them on the tee as I only look in the shrubs by the tees. That way I keep an eye on the group ahead and don't have far to walk back to the tee.

I never get upset as I understand the cost of a ball and the fun of getting something for just a little work. I just smile and leave them behind. None of them has ever said a word...it'd be fun to ask them why if they did.
Old 04-11-2021, 12:45 PM
Veteran member
Default Pond balls

Always remember this. Never pick up a lost ball before it stops rolling.
Closed Thread

Tags
ponds, balls, tee, leave, hole

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.