Pace of Play

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2015, 10:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Punching someone is not kinder, gentler.

Last edited by graciegirl; 01-25-2015 at 04:02 AM.
Old 01-24-2015, 10:58 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tennisnut View Post
Played the Palms at HacHills yesterday and after waiting approx 4 minutes on the tee box, we teed off on a par 3. (It was a slow day) After finishing the the hole and walking off, the group behind us teed off as we were walking off the green with a ball rolling by. Three hole later, the same thing happened with the ball hitting the cart of our playing partners while they were getting in. We mentioned this to the ambassador on the 9th hole. Any other suggestions besides driving back and punching them out?
Did the Ambassador say he would definitely talk to them?
That is such rude behavior.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:07 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I agree. It us rude and unsafe behavior. It happens to us maybe once a week. I tell the ambassador and that usually takes care of it. If the ambassador doesn't happen to come around, I'll drive the cart back to the group behind and ask them nicely To back off.
Old 01-24-2015, 11:16 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
My rule....first time, explain to them that they need to wait until you clear the area of the green. The second time I hit it back to them, the third time I hit it out of bounds. Did the Ambassador give you any less drastic suggestions?
I like your idea but I'd skip the first step.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:29 AM
Veteran member

Courtesy is catching!
Old 01-25-2015, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Punching someone is not kinder, gentler.
Exactly! And that is why we talked to the Ambassador and looked for alternatives. What constructive suggestions do you have?
Old 01-25-2015, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
My rule....first time, explain to them that they need to wait until you clear the area of the green. The second time I hit it back to them, the third time I hit it out of bounds. Did the Ambassador give you any less drastic suggestions?
We also thought about throwing it in the water second time.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:13 AM
Sage

I play almost every day and I can't remember anyone hitting into me. I can't remember the last time I yelled "fore" or heard anyone else yell "fore" either. In NJ, with parallel fairways and blind areas I think I yelled "fore" at least once a round.
I don't hear as well as I used to either, so that may have something to do with it.
When ever someone did hit it into me I would usually just stare them down until they waved or made some kind of gesture indicating they recognized that they made a mistake. I always played full size courses back then.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

I would most definitely pick the ball up and take it with me OR chip it into a hazard!

The one that hits the cart is a goner for sure!!
Old 01-25-2015, 11:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Wow. I absolutely love your post, tomweb. I'm still rather new to golf in TV. (I moved here just over a year ago and then proceeded to have major surgery...so just really getting into the swing of things. (No pun intended...well...maybe pun intended a little bit. Heheh.) I agree with almost every word of your post. Walking, playing with strangers, enjoying the Execs, the free buffet. Everything. I think you've even convinced me to buy a hi-res zoom camera.
thank-you
Sometimes I'll put the ball in my pocket and tell my group I will meet you on the next tee. Then I go to the pond and shoot pictures. I have about 8 minutes to get to the next tee and no one slows down. This is the camera I bought: click here
I have a lunch bag cooler that hangs from my sunday bag to store the camera and I carry 12 clubs.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:52 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
I play almost every day and I can't remember anyone hitting into me. I can't remember the last time I yelled "fore" or heard anyone else yell "fore" either. In NJ, with parallel fairways and blind areas I think I yelled "fore" at least once a round.
I don't hear as well as I used to either, so that may have something to do with it.
When ever someone did hit it into me I would usually just stare them down until they waved or made some kind of gesture indicating they recognized that they made a mistake. I always played full size courses back then.
Ditto Tom. Maybe once in a blue moon someone behind me gets off a good shot and lands 10-20 yards short of me and I think "nice shot". I yelled fore for someone else once. Oh yeah, I walk and have the camera too! 300mm zoom.
Old 01-25-2015, 04:38 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 369 Posts

As tempting as it is to hit the ball back, step on it, chip it in the water,etc. When a group behind you hits into you more than once, it's best to have the starter shack or pro shop number of the course you are playing and call them. Report the incident, and let them handle it from there. In most cases the ambassador will be sent out and the problem will be handled.
Old 01-25-2015, 05:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

I look at it that the first one was that really great shot we all somtimes hit.
The second time its the Ambassador, why fool with somebody elses property.
The third time it goes back them.......................as all bets are off.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.