Playing 18 holes on an executive course.....

Closed Thread
Old 05-09-2021, 03:38 PM
Veteran member
Default Playing 18 holes on an executive course.....

Anyone know when it will start and which courses participate ?
Old 05-10-2021, 07:31 AM
Veteran member

I've only been playing the executive courses for 3 years now so maybe I missed this but I haven't heard of any way to play 18 holes on an executive course other than finish your first 9 and hope to get on a second 9. Was this a regular program you're familiar with or something new you'd heard about?
Old 05-10-2021, 07:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryLBell View Post
I've only been playing the executive courses for 3 years now so maybe I missed this but I haven't heard of any way to play 18 holes on an executive course other than finish your first 9 and hope to get on a second 9. Was this a regular program you're familiar with or something new you'd heard about?
Not new, it’s been around for a few years.....

There are select courses that are designated with an option to play 18 . You have to select a specific tee time during a designated time slot in the morning and the system automatically assigns you two back to back 9 holes ..... Truman and Roosevelt was one of the courses that comes to mind .....

Perhaps I should keep this info quiet and not let the cat out of the bag !!!!

And yes , what you describe is doable but is hit and miss and a PITA !!!

Edit: just found out that this “Crossover” program is ONLY on Thursdays...... and only on these select courses for this year. (Actually, last year’s program — tee times office gave me wrong info)

Walnut G to Briarwood
Yankee C to S Star
Escambia to Okeechobee

Tee times range will be 7:29~9:44 AM

So in essence, I’ve answered my own original question !

Second edit ! The info above was from last year ..... tee times office advised me that the decision has not been made yet for this year.....

I’m done !!!

Last edited by jarodrig; 05-10-2021 at 08:17 AM.
Old 05-11-2021, 07:55 AM
Veteran member

Thanks for the answer to your own question! You learn something new every day around here! (Here being the Talk of The Villages forum!)

The only way I've done 18 so far is to play a round and then try to get on again at that course or another. If I start a round at 6:00 PM or so, it's usually pretty easy to start another one at the same or nearby course after 7:00 though it might be getting a tad on the dark side by the time I finish.
Closed Thread

Tags
playing, courses, start, executive, holes

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.