Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Elin hit him 7 times with a 9-iron.

She said, "put me down for a 5."
Old 02-23-2021, 10:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,318 Times in 2,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeyephan View Post
My in-laws used to live in Rolling Hills Estates many years ago. Hawthorne Blvd is extremely steep and winds a lot. They said there were cars that couldn’t make it up the incline and they wore out brakes coming down the road. It requires paying attention at all times. Driving on a strange road with an unfamiliar car makes things even more of a challenge. Wishing him all the best for a complete recovery.
Thanks for putting some empathy into this strange mix.

He is a great golfer. That's about the only known fact right now.

Last edited by Taltarzac725; 02-24-2021 at 05:55 AM.
Old 02-24-2021, 05:49 AM
Soaring Eagle member

[QUOTE=alwann;1906748]NBC reports he was involved a collision in CA today with significant injuries. A broken leg among them. Looking like no Masters for him again this year. Poor guy can't catch a lucky break.[/QUOTE🤔🤔
Old 02-24-2021, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
I'll hold judgement to "poor Tiger", until the details come out. Appears to be a single-car accident, and a very bad one destroying the SUV -seems to be a Genesis SUV, the promoter/sponsor of the last tourney in CA ending Sunday. Truly hope that it was 'one of those things' and not aggresive driving (or worse). It WAS so touching seeing him with his talented son, and was hoping for his return to the tourney et al. But alas, can only hope he recovers well with no serious impact to him.
You’ll hold judgment? How about just having some empathy...period
Old 02-24-2021, 06:17 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,707 Times in 557 Posts

Few people in history have lived in the fishbowl that Tiger has lived in - all of his life. While he definitely has made some very poor personal choices, of which all too many seem to take great glee in pointing out (no need in getting into where a lot of that is coming from), he has also went through more physical issues to continue his sport than most. I'm just hoping that he can get to a point, where he can enjoy the rest of his life with his children and to lead a relatively pain-free existence. Get well soon Tiger.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:17 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
NBC reports he was involved a collision in CA today with significant injuries. A broken leg among them. Looking like no Masters for him again this year. Poor guy can't catch a lucky break.
Well I don’t know about the “poor guy can’t catch a break part “ Personally, I’m Tired of the Tiger Woods overkill on golf television. First of all he can no longer compete with these young guys. Yes he won a masters on a fluke because the guys that were leading all self imploded on the last nine holes. But it happened!
Other than that he’s pretty much been a non-entity. As for this accident I want to wait and hear more details about how you cross over two lanes and roll down a hill in broad daylight! unfortunately, with today’s media, we may never get the real story? No matter what hope he recovers.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:58 AM

A Pro Golfer getting all of this news media attention because of a car accident????

What about all of the Men and Woman that serve our country in the armed forces. There are many who get injured every day and we don't here anything about them. Tiger Woods who? Frankly I don't really give a damn about Tiger Woods. He is just a Pro Golfer who had a great career. Tell me more about the Men and Woman who serve our great country who sacrifice their life for our freedom and democracy. By the way, I am not a veteran. I just respect all of the veterans who served our country.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobullymom View Post
You’ll hold judgment? How about just having some empathy...period
His injuries appear to be much more than a "broken leg". I envisioned something akin to possible amputation. Awful stuff.

The tournament was sponsored by Genesis....and I had to look it up. It is Hyundai and Genesis is their latest model, touting all kinds of safety features. He was driving the 2021 model with the logo on the side when this happens. Talk about an advertising nightmare.

I had the distinct impression, from listening to his peers on The Golf Channel that he may indeed be fortunate to get out of this walking well.

On the issue of "holding judgement"; Tiger Woods has done some stellar golf in his career and has made some decisions that made people extremely disappointed in his behavior, including substance abuse and messing about with women while married.

I feel the same as Dean Florida with good reason. Anyone would feel compassion for his injuries. Tiger Woods is a brilliant man but he has his demons.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:08 AM
Thanked 1,306 Times in 237 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catalina36 View Post
A Pro Golfer getting all of this news media attention because of a car accident????

What about all of the Men and Woman that serve our country in the armed forces. There are many who get injured every day and we don't here anything about them. Tiger Woods who? Frankly I don't really give a damn about Tiger Woods. He is just a Pro Golfer who had a great career. Tell me more about the Men and Woman who serve our great country who sacrifice their life for our freedom and democracy. By the way, I am not a veteran. I just respect all of the veterans who served our country.
Thank you! I couldn’t agree more. Unfortunately our society seems to make idols out of people that are really not idols at all. That would include professional athletes and Hollywood ?
Old 02-24-2021, 07:47 AM
Veteran member
Default Accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Looks like he's in the right rough

The Villages Florida

The Villages Florida
Report said he lost control and rolled several times. The front of that car is pushed back to the windshield. It looks like he had a head on with something very solid. That kind of damage does not come from a roll over. Hope he recovers quickly.
Old 02-24-2021, 07:51 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
The tournament was sponsored by Genesis....and I had to look it up. It is Hyundai and Genesis is their latest model, touting all kinds of safety features. He was driving the 2021 model with the logo on the side when this happens. Talk about an advertising nightmare...
All the Asian auto makers have luxury brands that are spun off into separate dealerships. Honda owns Acura, Toyota own Lexus and Nissan owns Infiniti. Hyundai took an existing name of a model and spun off into a separate brand.

You can look up a 2010 Genesis and it's a sports coupe sold by Hyundai dealers (shown below). They borrowed the name and put it on their luxury brand. I'm not sure if the coupe is still made, they came out with a Veloster about 2012 and that's been a Hyundai sports car, probably to replace the coupe.

The Villages Florida
Old 02-24-2021, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
It was nice seeing him out on the course with his son a few weeks back. While I agree that I'm sorry to see anyone get in an accident I'm going to withhold the Poor Tiger Part until the details emerge. Sorry but that's the way it works in my little world. I certainly hope he is going to be okay.
In watching a news conference last night given by the Chief of Police, he said that speed was the only contributing factor and that road is notorious for accidents. He was probably just going to fast and just lost control. I think at 7:30 in the morning I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:00 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry chappel View Post
Report said he lost control and rolled several times. The front of that car is pushed back to the windshield. It looks like he had a head on with something very solid. That kind of damage does not come from a roll over...
I was thinking the same thing, unless the roll over was an end over end for a bit.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
NBC reports he was involved a collision in CA today with significant injuries. A broken leg among them. Looking like no Masters for him again this year. Poor guy can't catch a lucky break.
Define poor in this instance.
Old 02-24-2021, 08:07 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Originally Posted by DeanFL View Post
I'll hold judgement to "poor Tiger", until the details come out. Appears to be a single-car accident, and a very bad one destroying the SUV -seems to be a Genesis SUV, the promoter/sponsor of the last tourney in CA ending Sunday. Truly hope that it was 'one of those things' and not aggresive driving (or worse). It WAS so touching seeing him with his talented son, and was hoping for his return to the tourney et al. But alas, can only hope he recovers well with no serious impact to him.

#19 Today, 05:53 AM Cobullymom

You’ll hold judgment? How about just having some empathy...period.

Well, it's now almost a day since Tiger's accident. LEO reports and info (apparently) indicate that he was not impaired and that these roads are extremely difficult to navigate and many crashes have occured there. There are also reports that Tiger was driving very fast thru the parking lot leading to these roads. And that he was late for his TV-shoot appointment. Two VERY fortunate matters - he WAS not impaired and that no one else was injured or worse.

Personally after driving many years, I have done a LOT of stupid things behind the wheel. I'd assume that goes for most of us here in TV. We're human.

As for empathy for "poor Tiger" - Absolutely 100% NOW. Now that most facts are out. Looks as if the surgeries on his leg are extreme and will take very long to recover with tough rehab. Who knows if he will ever be able to walk well let alone golf at a pro level again. A huge loss for Tiger personally, as well as golf fans. My mind goes to his family, and especially his son Charlie. I can't tell you how happy I was watching them play golf together. Very sad, and now Tiger's life makes a terrible stressful turn yet again.

BTW, lucky he was in a brand new midsize SUV with all the latest safety features. I find it confusing that his primary massive injury is to his RIGHT leg. Trying to imagine how and why this impact was localized. Certain that crash analysis will have volumes of info, and determine how. Glad he was in a solid vehicle...

Last edited by DeanFL; 02-24-2021 at 08:14 AM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.