Poor Tiger

Closed Thread
Old 02-24-2021, 12:59 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvbound View Post
"At least be consistent and have the same visceral hatred for all persons in public life with a well established history of adultery."

Excellent point. To do any less, exposes a different agenda.
Whose post showed "Visceral hatred" toward Tiger and or people in public life with a well established history of adultery???
Old 02-24-2021, 01:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine1974 View Post
Definitely disheartening to hear people who judge any person that suffered serious injuries without all the facts . How in compassionate can one be . Even if their an ashiest , “if you can’t say anything good about a person, don’t say anything “. Reminds us their are people with character flaws that live among us , who must knock other people to make themselves feel good . At least we know their identity and can avoid them . We have some power over them if we pray for them .
Most people on this forum, if not all, said they wished for his returning health, even if they disliked his persona. Atheist or believer...I don't see where anyone didn't hope that he would recover completely. We all have folks that we are drawn to more and those we dislike. There is a BIG difference in feeling that way and doing harm to another or even wishing harm to another.
Old 02-24-2021, 01:23 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Karma Tiger Karma...

you reap what you sow.

One of the best golfers ever(not the best)...personal life(when you're a superstar you have no personal life)a bust....over the top celebration when sinking a putt..poor sportsmanship.

I wish him a speedy recovery to him and a return to the tour, but unlike those who bow down before him....nah. He zero common sense off the course.
Old 02-24-2021, 01:39 PM
Gold member
Location: Pittsburgh, Cincinnati,Chicago ,buffalo, Asheville ,Pittsburgh
Default Poor tiger

It will be interesting to hear his story
Old 02-24-2021, 02:02 PM
Sage

As others have said, Tiger is (at least arguably) the greatest golfer of all time. I wish him a good recovery and it would be a huge news story if he made another return attempt.

But as much as he has succeeded on the golf course, he has failed miserably in other more important parts of life. All humans have failures. But not everyone has failed in as contrived, repeated and remorseless fashion as Tiger.

So am I a fan of Tiger as a golfer? No. I just can't...and don't wish to...separate enough what he's done on the golf course from what he's done off the course.

That doesn't mean I wish him any ill-health. Get well, Tiger. While not a fan, I will admit it would be very interesting to watch another comeback attempt.

(And never in a million years would I think the phrase "Poor guy can't catch a lucky break" applies to Tiger.

Last edited by Polar Bear; 02-24-2021 at 02:09 PM.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:22 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Tiger Woods along with his Tiger Woods Foundation to date have raised Hundreds of millions of dollars and spent thousands of hours doing charitable work, all while making a positive impact in the lives of under privileged, under educated, and those who would be left by the wayside without the help he has provided.
What a POS and terrible human being he is.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:31 PM
Veteran member
Default Poor Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
As others have said, Tiger is (at least arguably) the greatest golfer of all time. I wish him a good recovery and it would be a huge news story if he made another return attempt.

But as much as he has succeeded on the golf course, he has failed miserably in other more important parts of life. All humans have failures. But not everyone has failed in as contrived, repeated and remorseless fashion as Tiger.

So am I a fan of Tiger as a golfer? No. I just can't...and don't wish to...separate enough what he's done on the golf course from what he's done off the course.

That doesn't mean I wish him any ill-health. Get well, Tiger. While not a fan, I will admit it would be very interesting to watch another comeback attempt.

(And never in a million years would I think the phrase "Poor guy can't catch a lucky break" applies to Tiger.
Do you know what a backhanded compliment is? Look it up. I don't feel pity for Tiger but concern. And he deserves points for being a good father. Reportedly his own father wasn't a particularly moral role model and, you know, the apple and the tree.
Old 02-24-2021, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,299 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Do you know what a backhanded compliment is? Look it up. I don't feel pity for Tiger but concern. And he deserves points for being a good father. Reportedly his own father wasn't a particularly moral role model and, you know, the apple and the tree.
Oh Oh Pick Me - "Bless your heart"
Old 02-24-2021, 06:18 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Let's bring a little humor into this discussion. What kind of woods don't drive well? Tiger Woods!

And from the past...What kind of wood does not float? Natalie Wood!

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 02-24-2021, 06:20 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post
Let's bring a little humor into this discussion. What kind of woods don't drive well? Tiger Woods!

too soon.
Old 02-24-2021, 06:23 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by manaboutown View Post

Natalie Woods mother always told her it's OK to drink, just don't go overboard.

Hey you started!
Old 02-24-2021, 06:27 PM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,592 Times in 1,758 Posts

Groan

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Old 02-24-2021, 07:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,995 Times in 1,728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwann View Post
Constantly cheated on the mother of his children and he is a good father? Hmmm.... what is the definition of a good father (not murdering a family member)? Why not just divorce her if he doesn’t want to keep his wows.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.