Practice putting green suggestion

Closed Thread
Old 08-13-2019, 01:27 PM
Sage
Default Practice putting green suggestion

I’ve noticed a habit frequently on practice greens that hinders people practicing. One of the teaching pros I worked with gave me this advice many years ago. What I am seeing is someone putting to a particular hole, and when finished with that hole, stands right next to it when putting to a different hole. That ties up two holes. My pro told me to always move 3-4 feet away from the hole I just played to to allow another player to putt toward that hole without bothering me or vice versa. This time of year the greens are not so crowded, but during the high season, it’s could be more of a problem.
Old 08-13-2019, 01:37 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,465 Times in 545 Posts

Thanks for the tip. I’m now thinking back and realizing I may have been guilty of doing that.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:35 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Excellent point, of which I've more than once mentioned to someone standing right next to the hole I was trying to putt toward.
Old 08-13-2019, 02:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjeanj View Post
Thanks for the tip. I’m now thinking back and realizing I may have been guilty of doing that.
Very honest post. Unlike some others..... I think I've been guilty too. It is a good tip!
Closed Thread

Tags
greens, hole, played, practice, putting

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.