» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 04-20-2017, 03:14 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
Something bad seems to happen when you use the link copy function. Suggest you copy and paste this link in your browser - if you put in the www in the TOTV post, the system recognizes it as a website and will redirect it, making it unusable. Glitch, I guess.

golfthevillages.com/golf-academy/ranges.asp
Do you really think it's a glitch? If I ran The Villages.... I won't allow any links to my sites on TOTV. That's just me and MHO.

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound!

Old 04-20-2017, 04:48 PM
Platinum member

A collared shirt is dress up? Who knew?

Berks County Pennsylvania
Sponsored Links
Old 04-20-2017, 05:56 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
A collared shirt is dress up? Who knew?
When it's 90 degrees and you're hitting a large bucket of balls, your glove is soaking wet, sweat is running down your face, and I have the choice of a T-shirt or a Nike collared golf shirt, which would you choose? Also getting a bucket 3 times the size of a $5 bucket for $7, that's nice too, but that's just me.

Old 04-21-2017, 07:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
Do you ever shop at the Walmart on Wedgewood Drive? That's the one on 466 by the high school. If so, take your clubs next time, there's a nice driving range directly behind Walmart and you can get a big bucket for little and hit off the grass anytime. If you don't like the place, go 1/4 mile west turn left on 301 southbound, and look for a driving range 1 mile on your left. They are also grass only tees. Don't worry about dressing up with a collar shirt and all that stuff TV requires, these places are casual.
I've been to that range several times. The last time I was helping my wife and I was spoken to about giving lessons.

Also the condition of the teeing area is deplorable. I felt as though I was hitting out of a hole most of the time. It's difficult to find grass to hit from. They're more like dirt tees than grass tees.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-21-2017, 08:35 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
Do you really think it's a glitch? If I ran The Villages.... I won't allow any links to my sites on TOTV. That's just me and MHO.
I'm pretty sure it's a glitch. When you do a reply, the system allows you to insert a link (there is an icon with a paper clip in it that says "Insert Link" when you put your mouse over it). It just doesn't work once you've inserted it.
Old 04-22-2017, 09:33 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I've been to that range several times. The last time I was helping my wife and I was spoken to about giving lessons.

Also the condition of the teeing area is deplorable. I felt as though I was hitting out of a hole most of the time. It's difficult to find grass to hit from. They're more like dirt tees than grass tees.
OK, I usually go the other one that I mentioned and they usually have grass. Go past Walmart get in the left land and turn left on US 301, maybe a 1/2 mile after Walmart. Go south, The Villages Oxford Oaks Homes subdivision will be on your right. Look on the left side of the road, they usually have a flag out front. The building is Accutech Car Repair on the front and the golf shop on the back. The parking lot is crushed shell, that's the only thing I don't like about the place.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:57 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
OK, I usually go the other one that I mentioned and they usually have grass. Go past Walmart get in the left land and turn left on US 301, maybe a 1/2 mile after Walmart. Go south, The Villages Oxford Oaks Homes subdivision will be on your right. Look on the left side of the road, they usually have a flag out front. The building is Accutech Car Repair on the front and the golf shop on the back. The parking lot is crushed shell, that's the only thing I don't like about the place.
The place on 301 is the Oxford Golf Center.
Old 04-23-2017, 08:08 AM
Sage

Quote:
I'm familiar with that one as well. My only problem is that it's not golf cart accessible.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-23-2017, 09:37 AM

Sarasota, Sunday, Monday, Wed.
Palmer, Tues, Thrus, Sat.
Lopez, Wed, Thrus.
Glenview,Sun, Mon, Fri.
Old 04-23-2017, 03:03 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtime View Post
Sarasota, Sunday, Monday, Wed.
Palmer, Tues, Thrus, Sat.
Lopez, Wed, Thrus.
Glenview,Sun, Mon, Fri.
Was at Palmer this morning.... mats. Go figure.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Tags
mats, ranges, schedule, hitting, range