Priority golf memberships

Notices

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors

» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements

Old 12-29-2018, 12:39 PM

Default Priority golf memberships

Looking at your golf history, has anyone ever run their numbers to see if buying priority was worth it? Remember to deduct the price of trail fees as it is included in your priority fee. I discovered it COST us $316. extra! With rainouts, vacation, sick days and other things that kept me from golfing Championship courses...…..I guess we just didn't play enough! It is time to re-up Priority, but I am thinking of dropping it.
Just wondering how many of you actually see if it saves or costs you money.

Old 12-29-2018, 12:42 PM
Sage

$316 for the year?

Partial year?

All courses?

Some courses only?
Old 12-29-2018, 12:44 PM
Sage

Sometimes, it's other than just the money.

For those that play in a regular group, oftentimes they will not accept anyone without a priority membership, due to the prioritization...of assigning tee times.

On that reason alone...I have chosen to stay priority.
Old 12-29-2018, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySevens View Post
Looking at your golf history, has anyone ever run their numbers to see if buying priority was worth it? Remember to deduct the price of trail fees as it is included in your priority fee. I discovered it COST us $316. extra! With rainouts, vacation, sick days and other things that kept me from golfing Championship courses...…..I guess we just didn't play enough! It is time to re-up Priority, but I am thinking of dropping it.
Just wondering how many of you actually see if it saves or costs you money.
It's got nothing to do with money! Your analysis defies realistic expectations.
Old 12-29-2018, 02:26 PM

I ran some numbers a couple years ago. Since we are year around residents, I calculated how many rounds of golf I would need to play to break even monetarily. I did the calculation assuming I would play nearly the same number of rounds of championship golf every month of the year. I compared paying full resident fee versus priority fee plus the cost of the Priority membership. My numbers showed I needed 60 rounds of championship golf, spread evenly over the 12 months, to break even. My numbers may be off a little but they are close.

My group plays every Monday and Friday and requires priority membership to ensure getting tee times for the group. While I do not play championship golf every Monday and Friday, I do play in excess of 80 to 85 rounds of championship golf each year, which is way more than I need to make Priority worth it from a savings standpoint.

Tags
priority, golf, courses, guess, championship