Priority Membership and Trail Fee

Closed Thread
Old 06-12-2017, 08:27 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
As a part time resident I very much dislike the priority membership option. It strongly favors full time residents who play often enough to make the membership cost effective and makes it almost impossible for non-members to get a t- time during the busy season. The membership should be available to all residents at a monthly cost equal to 1/12 the annual fee or simply not available to anyone.
Ah, yes---the old "If I can't get mine, then nobody should" philosophy. And there IS a 6 month priority membership option.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:04 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles;1410***
Ah, yes---the old "If I can't get mine, then nobody should" philosophy. And there IS a 6 month priority membership option.
No.... He just wants Jan., Feb., and March at 1/4 the cost of a years priority membership.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:22 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
No.... He just wants Jan., Feb., and March at 1/4 the cost of a years priority membership.
I just love you. But in a very virtuous way.

You always SUMMARIZE so nicely.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
I have no problem with a 3 month priority membership. I doubt it would be 25% of a full years fee, since the 6 month membership is about 80% of a full year.

After all, if I buy a single roll of Bounty at a "convenience store", I don't get 1/12 the price of a dozen rolls at Sam's Club
Old 06-12-2017, 10:57 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,769 Times in 3,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I have no problem with a 3 month priority membership. I doubt it would be 25% of a full years fee, since the 6 month membership is about 80% of a full year.

After all, if I buy a single roll of Bounty at a "convenience store", I don't get 1/12 the price of a dozen rolls at Sam's Club
They already have a three (3) month membership. It costs 80% of a full year fee.
Old 06-12-2017, 11:01 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
They already have a three (3) month membership. It costs 80% of a full year fee.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:42 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,048 Times in 2,738 Posts

Quote:
Actually, we are part time residents, not snowbirds. We come to our Villages home whenever we can throughout the year. Usually for a couple of weeks every other month, when we can escape our responsibilities up north. At present, we could never escape for January - March, but hopefully it's in our not too distant future. All I am saying is that it would be nice (and fair) to be able to sign up for priority membership during the months we are there at 1/12 of the annual fee. Just like we can for Villages-Net and the delivery of The Daily Sun. Not looking for special treatment, just the ability to pay the same fee as full time residents during the times we are able to be at our Villages home.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:46 AM
Sage

Quote:
Actually, we are part time residents, not snowbirds. We come to our Villages home whenever we can throughout the year. Usually for a couple of weeks every other month, when we can escape our responsibilities up north. At present, we could never escape for January - March, but hopefully it's in our not too distant future. All I am saying is that it would be nice (and fair) to be able to sign up for priority membership during the months we are there at 1/12 of the annual fee. Just like we can for Villages-Net and the delivery of The Daily Sun. Not looking for special treatment, just the ability to pay the same fee as full time residents during the times we are able to be at our Villages home.
I used to feel that way about paying for Country Club membership in the winter in Ohio.
Old 06-13-2017, 09:40 AM
Sage

Quote:
And if those months are Jan., Feb., and March for someone else? You do understand that NO ONE would pay for a year....don't you? Nobody "needs" priority in the summer time. Some would pay but most would not.
Old 06-13-2017, 12:36 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

As a full time resident, committed to the businesses and clubs and facilities that make this place what it is, I expect some consideration for that committment. For those that don't share that committment I don't expect them to be treated equally and there should be a premium for their participation. The 80% seems fair since you made the decision not be here full time. If and when you make that decision that you should be treated equally. IMO

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 06-13-2017, 01:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
As a full time resident, committed to the businesses and clubs and facilities that make this place what it is, I expect some consideration for that committment. For those that don't share that committment I don't expect them to be treated equally and there should be a premium for their participation. The 80% seems fair since you made the decision not be here full time. If and when you make that decision that you should be treated equally. IMO
I am full-time also, but I'm baffled at your attempted reasoning that because we live here year around...we 'deserve' some kind of special consideration.

The fact that part-timers are obligated to pay their dues year around, just as if they were here, yet we enjoy the benefits of having less people with the same exact amenities (it's not like they close any courses/rec centers/etc. due to a lower population)...should make you ecstatic, not feeling that they should be 'punished.'

The part-timers do have a valid complaint about helping subsidize us full-timers, but it's really no different than when I paid my club dues up north all year...even when I couldn't play for months at a time.

In one respect, I'm grateful for the disparity as it keeps my priority membership lower...but I can also empathize with those who don't feel the same way.

I guess that's just a side-effect of recognizing that the world is gray...not black & white as so many others would prefer.
Old 06-20-2017, 06:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiotte View Post
[emoji213]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Is that emoji a chicken? I don't understand what it means in this situation.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
I am full-time also, but I'm baffled at your attempted reasoning that because we live here year around...we 'deserve' some kind of special consideration.

The fact that part-timers are obligated to pay their dues year around, just as if they were here, yet we enjoy the benefits of having less people with the same exact amenities (it's not like they close any courses/rec centers/etc. due to a lower population)...should make you ecstatic, not feeling that they should be 'punished.'

The part-timers do have a valid complaint about helping subsidize us full-timers, but it's really no different than when I paid my club dues up north all year...even when I couldn't play for months at a time.

In one respect, I'm grateful for the disparity as it keeps my priority membership lower...but I can also empathize with those who don't feel the same way.

I guess that's just a side-effect of recognizing that the world is gray...not black & white as so many others would prefer.

Priority membership is a choice. It isn't required and many find it helpful. We purchased it with no complaint when we were snowbirds.

Tags
fee, trail, membership, priority, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.