sarasota bunker practice area use?

Closed Thread
Old 01-22-2022, 04:05 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default sarasota bunker practice area use?

so those folks not taking lessons must utilize the putting/chipping and sand traps across Moyer Loop I often see quite a few people chipping to the bunker green in lieu of the chipping specific green why are you, or they, doing so?

the grass on these greens in no way represents how a ball will spin or roll out. The reason I thought for practice chipping was to replicate the conditions where you'll be playing so you'll have an idea of a good and bad shot.

I hope that those who do this realize that anyone deciding to use the actual sand trap have priority of those chipping to greens where the sand traps are located. if you are in doubt give the golf shop at belle glade a call(they manage that area, not the driving range golf shop)and the manager will happily set you straight.

yes many are new to the game, but when someone kindly explains what things are used for and why you should heed their experience try not go off on them simply because you don't like to be told what to do. it is, after all, your fault for not knowing more about the game and practice facilities. if no one is using the bunkers feel free to chip to those greens, but back off when someone enters the sand trap(without being asked). we call this etiquette and good golf manners.

and yes I'm preaching because asking nicely rarely gets the expected response it did in the distant past.
Old 01-22-2022, 06:34 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
so those folks not taking lessons must utilize the putting/chipping and sand traps across Moyer Loop I often see quite a few people chipping to the bunker green in lieu of the chipping specific green why are you, or they, doing so?

the grass on these greens in no way represents how a ball will spin or roll out. The reason I thought for practice chipping was to replicate the conditions where you'll be playing so you'll have an idea of a good and bad shot.

I hope that those who do this realize that anyone deciding to use the actual sand trap have priority of those chipping to greens where the sand traps are located. if you are in doubt give the golf shop at belle glade a call(they manage that area, not the driving range golf shop)and the manager will happily set you straight.

yes many are new to the game, but when someone kindly explains what things are used for and why you should heed their experience try not go off on them simply because you don't like to be told what to do. it is, after all, your fault for not knowing more about the game and practice facilities. if no one is using the bunkers feel free to chip to those greens, but back off when someone enters the sand trap(without being asked). we call this etiquette and good golf manners.

and yes I'm preaching because asking nicely rarely gets the expected response it did in the distant past.
Is the area not large enough to do both?
Old 01-23-2022, 09:49 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default If two people are using the two bunkers...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mleeja View Post
Is the area not large enough to do both?
to the two pins there is not enough room. Since they are bunker shots they can go horribly wrong so making sure the ball doesn't hit someone off to the side is not predictable.

Why aren't you asking why those chipping aren't using the chipping green. It is much larger and the grass is cut to the proper height to simulate chipping to a real green.

The grass around the pin on the bunker greens is much longer and not designed for chipping or putting simulation.
Closed Thread

Tags
sand, chipping, greens, practice, golf

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.