Putting over sprinkler head

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2020, 03:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
I always played where the ball lands, moving the ball, talking mulligans, and not counting two stroke’s for lost or out of bounds balls, only cheat yourself. Got count every stroke it you’re keep score if you’re true golfer and respect the game. I never look for out of bounds balls. I’m too embarrassed to hold up play looking for ball. Drop where it went out of bounds and take two stroke penalty. Local group rules are Bs. Golf isn’t 8 ball.
The penalty for for a ball out of bounds is stroke and distance. You cannot drop a ball where your ball went out of bounds. You must replay the shot from where it was originally played and add one stroke. If you think that your ball might be lost or out of bounds, you should play a provisional ball.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 05-14-2020, 03:09 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
The penalty for for a ball out of bounds is stroke and distance. You cannot drop a ball where your ball went out of bounds. You must replay the shot from where it was originally played and add one stroke. If you think that your ball might be lost or out of bounds, you should play a provisional ball.
Actually, under the new rules revision, there is permission for a local rule that states, in essence, "if you ball is out of bounds or lost, find the place that it went out or is presumed lost. You can drop a ball, ON THE FAIRWAY, within 1 club length of the edge of the fairway at an equidistant point to where it went OB, 2 stroke penaly"

The pro tours do not use this rule, the Golf Channel tour does not, but men's and ladies day here does.

I don't like it, it wanders too far away from the essence of the game, but it is designed solely to speed up play. Now if we could just get golfers to respect the 3 minute search rule.....
Old 05-14-2020, 03:11 PM

That is the old rule,

Last edited by lake5798; 05-14-2020 at 03:19 PM.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.