R.I.P., Villages Golf Festival

Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2023, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Mayes View Post
Does your post somehow relate to the Golf Festival?
No, but give him a pass, he's just trying hard to reach his 4,000 posts..
Old 02-05-2023, 10:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by karostay View Post
Villages has a track record of canceling amenities events and like Katie Bells , Movie theaters Country Club restaurants and pools
In the name of greed
Their forgetting what drew people here to The Villages in the beginning .
Bait and switch
So you’re saying one of the reasons that drew people to The Villages was the Polo Ground Golf Fest?

Wow, really a stretch there.
Old 02-05-2023, 10:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 8,246 Times in 4,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
So you’d rather hit into a net with no idea what your actual ball flight will be? Most people don’t know this but the machines in the big box stores can be manipulated to show you hitting a straighter ball and a longer ball. I know because I fired a staff member at a Golf Galaxy in Illinois for doing just that.
Hitting into a lake with no idea of the real yardage doesn't help that much, either...

If I've settled an a certain brand, the differences in shaft flex, length, the lie of the club, etc, won't make a difference in the price. So why manipulate the machines?

-Tom Petty
Old 02-12-2023, 06:59 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by montysl View Post
Let’s be sure we detail the difference between “trying out” clubs vs. “getting fitted” for clubs.
I think of it this way…I can go into a hundred different department stores and “try out” new suits. I will certainly find some that fit pretty well and some that don’t. But if I go into a TAILOR SHOP owned and manned by employees of the manufacture of the suit(s), have the suit(s) tailored TO ME, I am MUCH more likely to have the best looking, best fitting suit I could find. If I get to pay the same price for either! That is a HUGE bonus!
Fitting remove the subjectivity of the tryouts. TRACKMAN does not lie! You can try several different manufacturers during the current Golf Fest format (6 days total over 3 months), go home, sit down, compare the OBJECTIVE performance, specs and prices and make annINFORMED decision on much more than just how a club(s) feel.
Are you hitting off mats or grass?

Mats will not give you a proper fitting.
Old 02-12-2023, 10:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpNorth View Post
Sorry to see that the Villages Golf Festival is once again not being held at the Polo Grounds, with all the vendors, entertainment and clubmakers all in one place. IMO, having basic fitting stations at the various country clubs is nothing as interesting as the original festival concept. Reduced to a "non event" for me. What do you think?
Agree, personally I’m not currently interested in getting fitted for new sticks, I’m happy with my current equipment. However, I would enjoy going to one central venue where all vendors related to the golf industry doing business in the Villages congregate and display their products.
Closed Thread

Tags
festival, golf, villages, r.i.p, original

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.