Review of TV Golf Refresher course

Closed Thread
Old 04-26-2015, 08:44 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts
Default Review of TV Golf Refresher course

We ran out of excuses to NOT play golf, after moving a year ago. Been about 15 years for me and 20 for her since last playing whackaball. So, signed up for the "Refresher" course at Sarasota on Morse & Pinellas. What a beautiful facility there. This course is a group -6- and over 3 days, 1 1/2 hours each. $150 and $99 for a second -buddy-, so $250 for us both.

Started last Mon, then Wed, then Fri. Fortunately the other 4 in our group were at the same level, or lower than us. Our instructor was Craig Griffin, a wonderful guy who really knows his stuff and is able to teach the basic of basics for each. We really needed to review and follow the core things re grip, stance, address, swing and all the etcs of that. Then a thorough instruct of putting basics, on the very nice Sarasota practice area -private. Then Chip/pitch and short game. Then driving, sand, rough. The 3 days - actually each day turned into 2 hours each (thanks) were so enlightening, esp Craig watching each of our swings and demonstrating errors and improvements. Had a lot of patience.

The 3rd day was on Bonifay - actually on 3 holes which we played best ball, reviewed rules and etiquette and got a taste for the 'real thing'. Nice.

Both of us consider the $ so well spent, and gives us confidence to move ahead. She needs new clubs, and may get fitted at the Sarasota Shop. My clubs are fine for now. We plan to continue to practice for a week or so, then go on an Exec course with neighbors soon.

Kudos to TV Golf and esp Craig Griffin for this service. Craig offers personal 1on1 instruct as well, too soon for us as we want to get out there and practice. Please watch out for us on the exec courses and keep your ears open if we scream out "3 + 1 equals...!!!"
Old 04-26-2015, 09:36 AM
Veteran member

Thanks so much for that review. I found it very helpful. And....see you soon on the links!

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.