Rules of Golf

Closed Thread
Old 06-06-2017, 04:44 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regor View Post
You can NOT enter the green topped areas! You can not stand beyond the posts to hit your ball. If you can't hit it without entering the "Forbidden area" call it an unplayable lie, take a stroke and move the ball. Same as if your ball is close to a fence or wall that designates OB and you can't take a stance.
Or hit it left-handed
Old 06-06-2017, 05:50 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by PennBF View Post
You hit your shot into a sand trap. You pick the ball out put it back where you hit it and hit it again. And take a 1 stroke penalty. OK?
By "put it back where you hit it", I assume you mean back where I hit the shot that got me into the trap?

Without looking, pretty sure I can do that by declaring an unplayable lie. Of course it is stroke and distance...

I used to know the rules and even enjoyed reading decisions, but not so much any longer...
Old 06-06-2017, 05:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zonerboy View Post
Unless every one in the group is playing in an officially sanctioned tournament, or unless money or a prize is involved, then who the heck cares how another golfer scores their game?
Our neighborhood group allows a player one "mulligan" per round, for instance. Who cares? None of us is maintaining or establishing an official handicap, by the way.
It doesn't have to be just an "officially sanctioned tournament."

In the weekly groups I play with (championship courses) you must have a GHIN index, which is only accurate...by playing by the rules.
Closed Thread

Tags
green, rules, hazard, golf, top

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.