Rules for threesome golf betting game Baseball?

Closed Thread
Old 07-30-2018, 06:46 AM
Default Rules for threesome golf betting game Baseball?

Does anyone know the rules for a golf betting game named baseball? Worked good for threesomes. Their is a set number of points per hole. Each persons net score is given a portion of the set number of points based on how everyone did. All points on any given hole always added up to the set number. I probably don't have it right, but hopefully I recall enough for someone to recognize it and help fill in the blanks!
Old 07-30-2018, 07:37 AM
Gold member

I Googled this. It looks like a good way for a threesome to "make it interesting". It's also called Nines or Nine Points.

Each hole in a round of Nine Points has, as the name suggests, nine points at stake, but those points are divvied up among the three golfers in the group. Here's how the points allotment breaks down on each hole:

The golfer with the lowest score of the group gets five points.
The golfer with the middle score is awarded three points.
The golfer with the high score gets one point.

Add the points accumulated on each hole, and the winner is the one with the most points at the end of the round.

The format is one of several that golfers have come up with over the years to provide some competition when there is an odd number of players and the group can't play partners.
When Scores Are Tied in Nine Points

Of course, on many holes, there will be ties for a low score or high score. This is how you divvy up the nine points in case of ties:

If one player has the low score and other two players tie, the low scorer earns five points and the other two get two points each.
If two players tie for low score, those two get four points each and the high scorer gets one point.
If all three players tie on a hole, they split the nine points equally—three points each.
Old 07-30-2018, 08:18 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnInTwo View Post
Does anyone know the rules for a golf betting game named baseball? Worked good for threesomes. Their is a set number of points per hole. Each persons net score is given a portion of the set number of points based on how everyone did. All points on any given hole always added up to the set number. I probably don't have it right, but hopefully I recall enough for someone to recognize it and help fill in the blanks!
I know a game called bingo, bango, bongo for golfing with 3 people (or more on teams) Bingo is first person on the green for a point. Bango is the person closest to the hole on the green for a point and bongo is longest putt for a point. If you get all 3 on one hole you get an extra point for a sweep so your point total is 4 on one hole. Great game for people of varied ability who play together. I always play for a pitcher of beer..

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk
Old 07-30-2018, 08:36 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by collie1228 View Post
I Googled this. It looks like a good way for a threesome to "make it interesting". It's also called Nines or Nine Points.

Each hole in a round of Nine Points has, as the name suggests, nine points at stake, but those points are divvied up among the three golfers in the group. Here's how the points allotment breaks down on each hole:

The golfer with the lowest score of the group gets five points.
The golfer with the middle score is awarded three points.
The golfer with the high score gets one point.

Add the points accumulated on each hole, and the winner is the one with the most points at the end of the round.

The format is one of several that golfers have come up with over the years to provide some competition when there is an odd number of players and the group can't play partners.
When Scores Are Tied in Nine Points

Of course, on many holes, there will be ties for a low score or high score. This is how you divvy up the nine points in case of ties:

If one player has the low score and other two players tie, the low scorer earns five points and the other two get two points each.
If two players tie for low score, those two get four points each and the high scorer gets one point.
If all three players tie on a hole, they split the nine points equally—three points each.
Sounds complicated. How about just playing skins?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:51 AM

We used to like to play Lone Wolf. Rotated first off the tee, based on that person's tee shot they would declare before the others hit if they were going for the skin on their own (Lone Wolf) or would choose a partner after the others had hit. Just a little twist and can be use with either three or four.
Old 07-30-2018, 09:59 AM

bingo, bango, bongo

This can be a fun game but it tends to slow the pace of play as you don’t play ready golf. You need to play honors which will slow the game down.
Old 07-30-2018, 10:05 AM
Sage

"Be the first golfer in your group to get their golf ball on the green (called the bingo point); Be the player in the group whose ball is closest to the pin once all balls are on the green (the bango point); Be the player in the group who is first to get their golf ball into the hole (bongo point)."
Old 07-30-2018, 04:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,845 Times in 2,404 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Sounds complicated. How about just playing skins?
Point worth $$ amount you can earn more points than skins?
Old 08-20-2018, 08:02 AM
Default Foursome Game

Any point games for a foursome?
We golf with other couples a lot of the time
Old 08-20-2018, 08:19 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topspinmo View Post
Point worth $$ amount you can earn more points than skins?
We've played this game now a couple of times for ten cents a point, and in both cases the worst loss was around $1.50. This seemed too little, so we decided to add "junk" bets too, including greenies, sandies and birdies at fifty cents each. The guys like it better than skins for a threesome.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:33 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Treasure Island View Post
Any point games for a foursome?
We golf with other couples a lot of the time
For a foursome, our go-to game is "COD" sometimes called "Sixes" or "Round Robin". COD stands for "Cart, Opposites and Drivers", in which there are three, six hole matches, and you start with both players on a cart being partners (the C) for the first six holes, then each driver plays partners with the passenger on the other cart for the second six holes (the O), and finally the drivers play as partners (D) for the last six holes. You play better ball using any handicap system to even up the players abilities. We play for $2.00 each match, and include greenies, sandies and birdies at fifty cents each (both partners get credit for these extra bets when won). On a really bad day, where you lose all three matches and a couple of the extra bets, it might cost you $7.00 or $8.00, so it's not one of those games that can really hurt you.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:06 AM
Sage

I just made up my own game. So it needs to be fine tuned and I think most golfers outside the villages would never play.

There are 3 tees on the execs. How about you get 4 runs if you land on the green from the black tees, 2 runs for the gold tees and 1 run from the red tees. I think if you are playing to win you would be using all 3 tees depending on how well your opponents are playing. A side bonus is that you will be aiming so the ball ends up in the center of the green. And your perfectly struck 9 iron may go to the center but an easy 7 iron may be the best club to win. So you learn something too.

I think outside of the villages no self respecting man would ever hit from the ladies tees. They would rather not play at all. And that's too bad they give up a game they love.
Closed Thread

Tags
number, set, points, rules, hole

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.