Sarasota driving range

Closed Thread
Old 03-17-2018, 11:28 AM
Default Sarasota driving range

We need a system for the Sarasota golf driving range. Something similar to taking a ticket at the grocery store. The range has been very crowded lately and there is nothing in place to assure first come first serve. It's all hap hazard. If you have been there you know what I mean.
Old 03-17-2018, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldyeller View Post
We need a system for the Sarasota golf driving range. Something similar to taking a ticket at the grocery store. The range has been very crowded lately and there is nothing in place to assure first come first serve. It's all hap hazard. If you have been there you know what I mean.
I go there all the time and don't see a problem.
Get a bucket of balls. If all the hitting stations are occupied, I pick one where someone's hitting that's running low on balls. Wait till they're done, then start hitting balls. I've never waited longer than 15 minutes to get access to a station.
I've never seen it so busy that each station has both someone hitting and someone waiting.
Maybe I've been lucky?
Old 03-17-2018, 12:34 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
During those times how crowded are the practice bunkers or practice chipping and putting greens across the street?
Old 03-17-2018, 12:41 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,677 Times in 5,229 Posts

Quote:
I agree. A number system should be used.
Old 03-17-2018, 02:51 PM

Numbers make sense
Old 03-17-2018, 02:55 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Maybe someone should talk to the people at the range.....might work better than complaining on here.
Or...........Call Country Club Administration at 352-753-3396 for more information on membership enhancements or other golf/tennis issues.
Old 03-17-2018, 03:12 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aw Man View Post
I go there all the time and don't see a problem.
Get a bucket of balls. If all the hitting stations are occupied, I pick one where someone's hitting that's running low on balls. Wait till they're done, then start hitting balls. I've never waited longer than 15 minutes to get access to a station.
I've never seen it so busy that each station has both someone hitting and someone waiting.
Maybe I've been lucky?
"Much ado about nothing"
Old 03-17-2018, 03:39 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger View Post
"Much ado about nothing"

Agree

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 03-17-2018, 07:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,563 Times in 509 Posts

Quote:
A number? You mean like at the Publix deli?

Welcome to the crowded time of the year.

There are 3 other ranges in The Villages (Glenview and Palmer where you hit on a traditional range or Lopez, another aqua range) that you can buy individual buckets or use your range card.

Or, go to the Lady Lake range on Rolling Acres Road.

Problem solved........
Old 03-17-2018, 07:44 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

No please...not numbers...perhaps patience or an alternate range. I get a bucket...go to a station where the person is getting low on balls and instead of just waiting(as they may get another bucket)I ask if they're going to hit more balls when those are gone...then I wait. Busy time of year...patience is required, but please don't suggest a numbering system.
Old 03-17-2018, 08:18 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Maybe someone should talk to the people at the range.....might work better than complaining on here.
Or...........Call Country Club Administration at 352-753-3396 for more information on membership enhancements or other golf/tennis issues.
Or just wait until the first week of April. The birds fly home.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:20 PM
Gold member

Quote:
I thought your question was reasonable as I don’t use this range in peak season for same reason. Just a word to wise, putting out a question such as your on this forum is like saying “Kick me please”. As you can see.
Old 03-17-2018, 09:31 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Another idea is to dedicate your practice time around 4 in in the evening when the majority feel they have to indulge in happy hour and the always expected dinner time at 5 sharp and wade it out till after the first week of april.
Old 03-17-2018, 10:05 PM
Sage

I hit balls at Sarasota today around 6:00. A half dozen or so people there. Sun low in the sky. Perfect temperature. Beautiful.
Old 03-18-2018, 09:03 AM

How much is the E Card,, for the balls.
Closed Thread

Tags
range, sarasota, driving, assure, place

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.