Secure golf bag to cart

Closed Thread
Old 10-18-2018, 04:55 PM

As the web site suggests, the primary purpose for this device it to stop bags from shifting/ sliding that happens with standard straps on golf carts. This reduces bag chatter which is a concern. It also acts as a deterrent to someone trying to quickly try to snatch a bag off a cart. Can the strap be cut with a knife? Certainly. However anything that acts as a deterrent to theft is in my mind a benefit. They are also releasing a version with an combination lock which will render easy removal by an outsider extremely difficult. The developer announced this morning a special promotion on their site for Residents. Simply put in the key words The Villages to take advantage of the promotion.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:10 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGolf View Post
As the web site suggests, the primary purpose for this device it to stop bags from shifting/ sliding that happens with standard straps on golf carts. This reduces bag chatter which is a concern. It also acts as a deterrent to someone trying to quickly try to snatch a bag off a cart. Can the strap be cut with a knife? Certainly. However anything that acts as a deterrent to theft is in my mind a benefit. They are also releasing a version with an combination lock which will render easy removal by an outsider extremely difficult. The developer announced this morning a special promotion on their site for Residents. Simply put in the key words The Villages to take advantage of the promotion.
Your original post says you obtained the device for testing. Seems like you agreed to shill the product in a quid pro quo arrangement.
Old 10-18-2018, 05:30 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapscallion St Croix View Post
Your original post says you obtained the device for testing. Seems like you agreed to shill the product in a quid pro quo arrangement.
Or perhaps is the inventor or distributor. I have never seen any problem with the straps currently being used on a golf cart. Fixing a problem that doesn't exist.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:46 PM

Sorry to disappoint you. No quid pro quo. I do know the developer and agreed to test and provide feedback which I have done.
Old 10-18-2018, 08:05 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,656 Times in 938 Posts

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you. No quid pro quo. I do know the developer and agreed to test and provide feedback which I have done.
In any case. Thank you for the information. I got it. Easy to attach. Deters theft. Not sure what the heck bag chatter is. However, I have chosen not to purchase.
Old 10-18-2018, 10:00 PM
Veteran member

They sell a really good cover at golf club store. Locks your bag and covers it. Put your own lock on it and your all set. $50.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:06 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,354 Times in 2,508 Posts

Sorry. Not that impressed. The press click strap on device, is no where as robust as the present strap on my cart. can't see how it is any better.
Having used a few of those press click type straps to secure my golf bag to my pull trolley over the years, their user life is not that long, and the locking device fails. JMO.
Old 10-19-2018, 04:21 AM
Sage

I haven't personally experienced shifting/sliding with either a lightweight carry bag or a full size bag. I have had my bag fall off the cart but only when I forgot to secure the strap. I don't know what "bag clatter" is. A friend of mine uses a bicycle cable and lock for his clubs. It will not prevent a determined thief but will hopefully present enough of a nuisance that they will move onto another cart. Regardless, I don't believe club theft is much of an issue here.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2018, 06:53 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,338 Posts

I hope nobody is willing to go to jail by stealing my crappie clubs.
Closed Thread

Tags
cart, bag, bags, golf, device

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.