Shipping golf clubs

Closed Thread
Old 01-24-2023, 03:39 PM
Default Shipping golf clubs

Maybe should have posted under Travel forum but posting here! Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for shipping 2 golf bags to Ireland and return on Shipsticks. Website won’t give me a quote because I don’t have all the details (hotel name, phone number,, etc). Or any other companies that perform same service.

Thanks
Old 01-24-2023, 06:21 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,037 Times in 728 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIgolfers View Post
Maybe should have posted under Travel forum but posting here! Can anyone give me a ballpark figure for shipping 2 golf bags to Ireland and return on Shipsticks. Website won’t give me a quote because I don’t have all the details (hotel name, phone number,, etc). Or any other companies that perform same service.

Thanks
Shipsticks the most expensive way to move golf clubs, you can imagine. I looked into it, the first time I went to Ireland and it was ridiculous. If I remember correctly, it was well over $500.

If you're going on a golf trip, take your clubs with you, on the plane. I didn't pay any extra on Aer Lingus. If you're just going to play a round or 2, there's a company right near the Dublin Airport, that will rent you a fairly new set of GOOD clubs, for about $150-$200/week. I forget their name, but they were great to deal with.

The last time I was there, I was only going to play golf a couple of times, so I just rented them .... picked them up after I landed, brought them back when I departed the airport.

Last edited by BrianL99; 01-25-2023 at 07:04 AM.
Old 01-24-2023, 07:51 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

I agree with above, take them on the flight, and put some type of tracker on them (like an apple tag, or equal), and with suitable insurance coverage. Good luck on your trip.
Old 01-24-2023, 08:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Don’t take your expensive clubs, rent, they most likely have the club make you are using.

Ship sticks requires you to get your own box, pack and seal it. Took them 3 days longer to arrive than using FedEx and dropping them off myself. If your clubs don’t arrive on time with ship sticks you will be playing with rentals anyway.

Tags
shipping, give, golf, don’t, details

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.