Single handicap playing Executive Scramble

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2020, 08:16 AM

[quote

Last edited by FastDrive; 01-21-2021 at 09:57 PM.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:17 AM

The

Last edited by FastDrive; 01-21-2021 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:19 AM

Last edited by FastDrive; 01-21-2021 at 09:59 PM.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:20 AM

[quote

Last edited by FastDrive; 01-21-2021 at 10:01 PM.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:23 AM

[quote

Last edited by FastDrive; 01-21-2021 at 10:02 PM.
Old 12-29-2020, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

You can say that again!!
Old 12-29-2020, 03:27 PM
Veteran member
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
You can say that again!!
And again and again and again.............Blah Blah Blah
Old 12-29-2020, 04:22 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastDrive View Post
The issue is, why a single handicapper, would want to play Executive Ladies Day, paying $2.00, and $1.00 for closet to the pin, with a group of 72 women, who for the most part don’t have handicaps. Most of all of these women didn’t start playing golf until they moved to The Villages. Folks who have single handicaps have been playing golf for well over 20 years... The issue is, it uneven’s the playing field and it’s no longer any fun, when the same person places first, week after week. There is no way anyone can gain the skill level of a single handicapper, based on their experience and time playing. Sure if one devoted 8 hrs a day practicing and playing. I’m sure the 72+ Retiree women play for fun and socializing.Playing a scramble where the same people win, week after week, takes fun out of playing.

It’s been said they’re practicing their short game during the scramble. Why not get a group of friends together practice some other time. Why practice on Ladies Day? No one is jealous of their skill, just tired of being used and the fun being taken out of playing executive ladies day. Go play with the big girls, who play at your level.

These single handicappers, just want to be a “big fish” in a small pond. It’s all about EGO and getting their name in print.
Looks like you got your name in print 5 times by posting the same crap over and over. Ladies' day (and men's) are open to everyone. There will always be golfers (and tennis players and bridge players and bowlers) that are better than you, get over it.
Old 12-29-2020, 04:40 PM
Sage

If you really are bothered by this then here is my suggestion. As I already stated in a previous post on this thread, the rules could be modified so that a minimum of 2 drives are required by each player. This will essentially water down the advantage of a much better player. I played in numerous non-handicapped scrambles that used this rule. You could make this suggestion to the Rec Department. I doubt they will act on it but at least you could make the effort.

Quote:
The issue is, why a single handicapper, would want to play Executive Ladies Day, paying $2.00, and $1.00 for closet to the pin, with a group of 72 women, who for the most part don’t have handicaps. Most of all of these women didn’t start playing golf until they moved to The Villages. Folks who have single handicaps have been playing golf for well over 20 years... The issue is, it uneven’s the playing field and it’s no longer any fun, when the same person places first, week after week. There is no way anyone can gain the skill level of a single handicapper, based on their experience and time playing. Sure if one devoted 8 hrs a day practicing and playing. I’m sure the 72+ Retiree women play for fun and socializing.Playing a scramble where the same people win, week after week, takes fun out of playing.

It’s been said they’re practicing their short game during the scramble. Why not get a group of friends together practice some other time. Why practice on Ladies Day? No one is jealous of their skill, just tired of being used and the fun being taken out of playing executive ladies day. Go play with the big girls, who play at your level.

These single handicappers, just want to be a “big fish” in a small pond. It’s all about EGO and getting their name in print.
Old 12-29-2020, 04:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
If you really are bothered by this then here is my suggestion. As I already stated in a previous post on this thread, the rules could be modified so that a minimum of 2 drives are required by each player. This will essentially water down the advantage of a much better player. I played in numerous non-handicapped scrambles that used this rule. You could make this suggestion to the Rec Department. I doubt they will act on it but at least you could make the effort.
Reasonable idea, but why go to the trouble for one disgruntled sore loser?????
Old 12-29-2020, 05:34 PM
Sage

Hey, I am just the “idea guy” ;-). I actually do think it would be a good idea for both Men’s and Ladies’ Day (on the executives) because it introduces some strategy into the game. For example, for the weaker players, you might want to use a less than ideal tee shot early in the round so you don’t come to #8 and #9 needing their two tee shots. However, I would be surprised if the Rec Dept would entertain such an idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Reasonable idea, but why go to the trouble for one disgruntled sore loser?????
Old 12-31-2020, 06:46 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Just so wrong in so many ways....

Quote:

just because some peoples egos need to be stroked does not mean that many of them feel that way. It's not like they get much from winning and it doesn't always take 20 years to accomplish being a single digit handicap....is sounds more like some folks don't like people enjoying the fact they worked hard and long to develop a talent and are jealous...

The ego problem is not always with someone who does well, but with those that have failed miserably and are looking for someone else to blame other than lack of talent or the ability to work hard for a result.
Old 12-31-2020, 07:54 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Location: Drayton Plains, MI, Vietnam, Waterford, MI, Pennacamp, Fernandina, Duval, 1 retired in Richmond
Thanked 1,588 Times in 567 Posts

Op if you took out the top 3 winners, where would you place, out of 72 women?

Top 30 or bottom 30, women?

It’s $3, if you are consistently number 3, or 4, look within yourself to find improvements. As for choosing to play execs instead of championship, maybe not a fan of the choice in courses, or just don’t want to invest the time it takes to play a championship
Closed Thread

Tags
play, women, executive, single, ladies

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.