Staying by the green just played...

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2022, 10:38 AM

I play the executive courses almost every day and my group does not T-off until the group in front begins to T-off. Problem solved with no backups but a slow group will slow down everyone else behind them. The ambassador should encourage the slow group to speed it up.
Old 01-04-2022, 11:51 AM

Be patient. Relax. It’s a game. Play a little “one tie all tie” Hither and Yon for quarters while you wait. I’d rather occupy myself on a tee box while the group in front of me takes a few practice putts than sit on a tee box and wait for a group to tee off.
Old 01-04-2022, 12:09 PM

Etiquette course for new golfers or some with bad memories should be "mandated" (just love that word, giggle, snort)
Old 01-05-2022, 09:17 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default And so it is people...

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckpedrey View Post
Be patient. Relax. It’s a game. Play a little “one tie all tie” Hither and Yon for quarters while you wait. I’d rather occupy myself on a tee box while the group in front of me takes a few practice putts than sit on a tee box and wait for a group to tee off.
with an attitude like this that are the issue. It's all about me and don't consider others or the fact that a game that is over 300 years old has always had etiquette that takes the other players into account. It is one of the things about golf that makes it unique and a pleasure to play.

Simplify the game and make it sound as if what a player does is okay because they don't care. How adult and mature.

Why not practice putting on the practice green? When playing with people with this attitude just completely ignore them. The ambassadors know some of the etiquette ...pass the issue on to them. If the party argues with them the asst. manager can easily ban them for improper behavior.
Closed Thread

Tags
tee, green, play, waiting, pull

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.