Summer/Fall season golf rates are out

Closed Thread
Old 05-14-2021, 03:15 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts
Default Summer/Fall season golf rates are out

The Championship course golf rates are out for the Summer/Fall season starting June 1 and running through the balance of 2021.

Here is a summary of the new golf rates as compared to the rates for the same time period last year (except last year the new and lower rates started one month earlier).

Glenview and Lopez were priced at a lower tier last year, this year they are lumped together with all other courses except for Hacienda Hills and Orange Blossom. The other 10 courses all now have identical rates.

At first glance it appears that the golf rates for all courses besides Glenview and Lopez are unchanged. However, after looking at the fine print, for the first time I can ever remember in the Villages, the new rates do not include either state or county taxes. All published rates used to include taxes so the rate you saw is the rate you paid, no longer.

The effect of the two changes listed above are as follows. The AM and PM wave rates for non priority residents at Glenview and Lopez have increased by 14.6% and 13.3% respectively. The rates for all the other Championship courses have increased by 7%, again because the rates no longer include the 6% state and 1% county sales tax (I am using Sumter, I know Lopez and Orange Blossom are in other counties).

One other interesting point to note is that no rate has been published for the Sawgrass 18 hole Champ course expected to open sometime later this year. I guess we won't learn that rate until the course is actually opened later this year, or next year?

Golf On : )
Old 05-18-2021, 07:21 PM

Rate of Summer increses 7% Rate of Inflation 2.3% My last year of playing the championship courses and Priority Membership. There are way too many golf courses around here at 20 to 35 dollars. Its truly not worth it to me and possibly to a lot of people.
Closed Thread

Tags
rates, year, golf, rate, courses

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.