Sweetgum Executive Golf Course Staff, Shout Out

Closed Thread
Old 07-01-2020, 02:26 PM
Default Sweetgum Executive Golf Course Staff, Shout Out

Today, while walking the course, I began to have symptoms of heat exhaustion which I have had before, cramping, profuse sweating and dizziness. The ambassador showed up at the 8th tee and I asked for his help. Once back at the starter shack, they sat me in the shade in a chair, cold towel and gatorade. They were ready to call medical services if I did not improve. I did begin to feel better after 30-45 minutes. I also learned that the phone number of the starter shack is on the scorecard, something which I really never use. I now appreciate these volunteers more than ever. Thank You!
Old 07-01-2020, 04:46 PM
John41

Glad you are ok and thanks to the ambassador.
Old 07-01-2020, 06:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Thanks for the appreciative shout out to the Ambassadors; most posts regarding them are 180* opposite.
Old 07-01-2020, 10:12 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

...wait - WHAT? After reading your post I had to rub my eyes a few times. But nope - still there. A POSITIVE, HAPPY NEWS, CONGRATULATORY Post!

Yay for you, and happy that you recovered fine with the help of the Exec course staff.

We've been playing 4-5 x week on exec courses, and lately with all the heat & humidity - it can be brutal. I drink 2 1-liter water bottles and a 1.5L Tervis bottle of ice/water/Gatorade. Without that fluid intake, I'd be treated in the guard shack every round.

Thanks for the nice feedback on ToTV.
Old 07-02-2020, 07:48 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,092 Times in 1,327 Posts

What TVs is really like. Thank you for sharing.
Old 07-02-2020, 11:13 AM
Veteran member

Sorry to break your bubble, but we did not have a good experience with golf course personnel recently. The first bad incident in 10 years living on course. Two vulgar women were in my shrubs looking for a ball. They were told it was Private Property and to leave. They left, but a few minutes later we saw them about 25' into our side yard looking for a ball. When they were again reminded it was private property, one WOMAN said: "Go F--- yourself." She got into a cart with another woman and turned the cart around and the other woman said: "Go suck a D. .." My point is that we got no help from the ambassador, the starter etc. They know who they were. Totally Useless. We have never been mean if someone's ball is on our grass, which happens infrequently. We have even gotten Champagne for someone who got a hole in one. But don't go into my shrubs for your ball and then curse at us. THE VILLAGES! Must have been friends of the potty mouth at Lake Sumter.
Closed Thread

Tags
starter, shack, services, medical, improve

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.