On The Tee....

Closed Thread
Old 11-09-2020, 06:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going My Way View Post
All it take is to some what constantly hit the ball down the middle, no watchers from any angle is needed, they can all sit in their golf cart if they like......
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I can follow the ball just fine from my follow through stance..

As to always hitting it down the middle you either don't play or you usually top the ball...
Seriously, if a player can’t “somewhat constantly” hit their tee shot in the fairway, then they really need to take lessons from a professional instructor.
Also, if a player needs absolute silence and no movement by others in order to make their golf swing, then they need professional help to improve their ability to focus and concentrate.
Old 11-09-2020, 08:16 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Suggestion - attend good golf school. You will lean many tips about golfing in The Villages from pace of play to how the tee time system works. As far as pace of play the video recommends pick up after triple bogey. When I attended good golf school years ago they recommended pick up after double par. Most groups I play with do the latter. The other practice we use as a group (you will get to know each others ability if you play together often is to assign the tee position to each golfer that most likely matches their ability to hit their drive to the 150 yard marker.

Look at Golf The Villages website
Old 11-09-2020, 08:20 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,302 Times in 820 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
Suggestion - attend good golf school. You will lean many tips about golfing in The Villages from pace of play to how the tee time system works. As far as pace of play the video recommends pick up after triple bogey. When I attended good golf school years ago they recommended pick up after double par. Most groups I play with do the latter. The other practice we use as a group (you will get to know each others ability if you play together often is to assign the tee position to each golfer that most likely matches their ability to hit their drive to the 150 yard marker.

Look at Golf The Villages website
Golf The Villages

Sorry apparently TOTV will not accept posting that website. Find Golf The Villages - drop box friendly golf.
Old 11-09-2020, 09:51 AM
Sage

Quote:
...some what constantly hit the ball down the middle...
Sounds like me...I always occasionally hit the ball down the middle.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:03 AM
Veteran member

The only thing that bugs me on the course is when one of the foursome is 30 yards in front of you when you are on the fairway trying to hit a shot. Some people are in such a hurry to finish. Guess they are afraid of missing 5 minutes of happy hour.
Old 11-09-2020, 10:14 AM

Quote:
I hit the ball some what down the middle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Sounds like me... I always occasionally hit the ball down the middle.
You surely worded it a lot better than I did.
Old 11-09-2020, 11:46 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I have been married twice. Nothing bothers me.
ROFLMAO.............: clap2:
Old 11-09-2020, 01:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomp679 View Post
Its just a game.
So is chess but I'm sure that you wouldn't want people moving about, talking and yelling while you are trying to play chess.

Now I realize that for some people the most important about golf is where they are going to lunch afterward. But many of us take the game seriously and work at it. We want to play well and shooting a good score or hitting a great shot is what gives us pleasure. If you are someone that doesn't take the game seriously that's fine, but you should show some respect to the game and to your fellow golfers by learning, understanding and obeying the rules of etiquette that have been a part of the game for centuries.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 11-09-2020, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
So is chess but I'm sure that you wouldn't want people moving about, talking and yelling while you are trying to play chess.

Now I realize that for some people the most important about golf is where they are going to lunch afterward. But many of us take the game seriously and work at it. We want to play well and shooting a good score or hitting a great shot is what gives us pleasure. If you are someone that doesn't take the game seriously that's fine, but you should show some respect to the game and to your fellow golfers by learning, understanding and obeying the rules of etiquette that have been a part of the game for centuries.
I'm Going My Way and I approve of this message!
Old 11-10-2020, 02:36 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default As long as you're not suggesting....

Quote:
I'm Going My Way and I approve of this message!
that being properly positioned while waiting for the tee to clear(or you haven't been politely asked to stand elsewhere)is bad etiquette then I'm with you all the way....
Old 11-11-2020, 12:51 PM
Platinum member

Is there a rule or just a point of etiquette about teeing a ball before the foursome ahead has cleared the green? You would think that under “ready golf” teeing the ball would speed up play.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:24 PM
Veteran member
Default Nope....

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDCART View Post
Is there a rule or just a point of etiquette about teeing a ball before the foursome ahead has cleared the green? You would think that under “ready golf” teeing the ball would speed up play.
You can tee up the ball whenever you like once the teeing ground is clear. No rule or etiquette applies. Tee up the ball when the group ahead leaves the teeing ground if you like then don't hit the ball till the preceding groups carts are beyond the green you're hitting to.

What a lot of people don't realize is that ready golf not only means play when safe to do so(no matter the order of play), but more importantly be ready to play...don't be sitting in the cart waiting or shooting the breeze.
Old 11-11-2020, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
I know quite a few villagers that think it's a written rule of etiquette that no one approach the tee box when you are on it....that is only true if you are in the process of setting up and hitting the ball.

As long as you're just standing there golfers behind you are allowed to take the cart path(or if walking stay off the tee)to a safe distance behind your rearmost cart...they are to keep still and quiet when you proceed to tee off.

Now per etiquette you should not be anywhere directly behind the golf tee(to the sides are fine).

There is the request a group may make to the following group to not approach the tee because it makes some players nervous. If they make that request it should be honored.

Do not fall into the category of someone whose just started playing and makes assumptions. The USGA rule book is < $2....if you're going to quote etiquette and rules to me make sure you aren't spouting garbage and things will be civilized. Play on!
Courtesy is a trait of good people. It doesn't come from a rule book. Lots of Villagers need to learn that.
Old 11-12-2020, 02:10 PM
Veteran member
Default That is true...

Quote:
Originally Posted by swooner View Post
Courtesy is a trait of good people. It doesn't come from a rule book. Lots of Villagers need to learn that.
but etiquette in golf is courtesy and is listed in the USGA rule book.
Closed Thread

Tags
tee, make, etiquette, group, teeto

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.