On The Tee....

Closed Thread
Old 11-08-2020, 08:07 AM
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Page View Post
Written by a 30 handicapper who doesn’t know nor play by the rules.
Just because someone else made up the rules doesn't mean you can't make up your own.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:16 AM
Default Basic etiquette

Not talking or moving while a person is getting ready to hit and not walking on your putting line on the green in golf is just basic common courtesy, much like covering your mouth when you sneeze. Using excuse's like course conditions or ready play is just that, an inconsiderate excuse.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:49 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Then it is my guess...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
Give me a break. You’re playing in The Villages, not in the Masters.
that either you don't play golf, never played it seriously or any other past time that required etiquette. You still did not explain your post so I take it that it's meant to be funny...there's a possibility that skating on the wrong side of the ice may suit your needs.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:55 AM
Veteran member
Default You can play by any set of rules you'd like...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill1701 View Post
Just because someone else made up the rules doesn't mean you can't make up your own.
but courtesy and etiquette are not up for discussion in your post. I've yet to play with a group that doesn't think a "mulligan" is part of the rules...raking bunkers, sanding divots or fixing ball marks are all optional.

I don't say a word about bunkers, divots and pitch marks....I just fix them for them. As to "mulligans" once they've hit their third on one hole I pick up their tee...if that bothers them I point in the direction of the driving range where they can continue to duff without making people wait.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:00 AM

One additional comment when the courses are busy and you all get done putting go directly to your cart and keep the putter with you in the cart until your reach the next tee box. Then switch the putter out for whatever club you are going to use when teeing off. Simply rule but will speed up play !
Old 11-08-2020, 09:13 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbnick View Post
Please play ready golf. Move the ball forward and give respect to the Ambassadors when they ask you to pick up your pace of play. Make Village golf enjoyable to all those behind you
Amen to your comment and please if you need two shots to get to the green on just about all exec. Courses Puleeeze play the green tees.
Old 11-08-2020, 09:20 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorpixel View Post
One additional comment when the courses are busy and you all get done putting go directly to your cart and keep the putter with you in the cart until your reach the next tee box. Then switch the putter out for whatever club you are going to use when teeing off. Simply rule but will speed up play !
do you play for money....
Old 11-08-2020, 09:27 AM
Default What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Going My Way View Post
I can't stand it when they stand 10 feet behind me and move. I'll tell them to move away and they do but back to the same scenario on the next tee, their excuse is that it doesn't bother them...

10 feet behind you is a problem? You have your radar turned up to high. If I was 10 feet behind and still and you told me to move, I would go back to my cart and I hope you can always find your ball because I will never help.
Old 11-08-2020, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtlee024 View Post
10 feet behind you is a problem? You have your radar turned up to high. If I was 10 feet behind and still and you told me to move, I would go back to my cart and I hope you can always find your ball because I will never help.
Lets just say SOME people have good peripheral Vision...
If you can't see the ball flight from the side of the tee box then I don't need your help, stay in your cart the air would be much fresher for me.....
Old 11-08-2020, 10:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Lets just say SOME people have good peripheral Vision...
If you can't see the ball flight from the side of the tee box then I don't need your help, stay in your cart the air would be much fresher for me.....
Peripheral vision or no, it is much easier to follow ball flight from behind the shot.

If you don’t want/need any help, that’s cool too.
Old 11-08-2020, 02:44 PM
Veteran member
Default That comment has nothing to do with golf...

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
do you play for money....
common sense does.
Old 11-08-2020, 02:49 PM
Veteran member
Default Arrrrgh!

[QUOTE=mtlee024;1857945]10 feet behind you is a problem? You have your radar turned up to high. If I was 10 feet behind and still and you told me to move, I would go back to my cart and I hope you can always find your ball because I will never help.[/QUOTE

it is not about YOU! It's about who is playing the shot and unless you're specifically asked to watch the ball then you should stand where the person hitting the shot either can't see you, or you're 90 degrees from their ball flight.

Just because you might need someone to watch your ball flight doesn't mean you should assume everyone does. I don't need help...yet...so stay off to the side unless asked....common sense.
Old 11-08-2020, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
Peripheral vision or no, it is much easier to follow ball flight from behind the shot.

If you don’t want/need any help, that’s cool too.
All it take is to some what constantly hit the ball down the middle, no watchers from any angle is needed, they can all sit in their golf cart if they like......
Old 11-08-2020, 08:39 PM
Veteran member
Default Nope....

Quote:
All it take is to some what constantly hit the ball down the middle, no watchers from any angle is needed, they can all sit in their golf cart if they like......
I can follow the ball just fine from my follow through stance..

As to always hitting it down the middle you either don't play or you usually top the ball...
Old 11-09-2020, 05:41 AM

Yep. Stand so as not to be a distraction while others are hitting. Face-on or behind is fine (no shadows); down-the-line is NOT fine.
Closed Thread

Tags
tee, make, etiquette, group, teeto

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.