Tee Time System Access

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2023, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimschlaefer View Post
I'm trying links from GolftheVillages.com to the TeeTimeSystem using both Google and Firefox browsers and continue to get 404 errors (basically 'bad link'). Would someone share the URL for that system so I can request some tee times. And if the GolftheVillages team is "listening", please check your site for valid links.
Thanks in advance.
Why don’t you just call them or visit the office and get the real answer???
Old 01-04-2023, 06:51 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,029 Times in 726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post

There's over 25 entities in North America that have 50+ courses with a free booking system.
There are 11 entities in the world that manage over 50+ Golf Courses.

None of whom manage a system, anywhere near as complex as The Villages "point system".

Golf companies: number of golf courses 2021 | Statista.

TV's system isn't perfect, but it's by far, the best I've ever seen, given the complexity of the task.
Old 01-04-2023, 07:48 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,063 Times in 424 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Use the phone, it’s free.
The phone system might be OK if you only play once in a while, and aren't searching for open tee times. For anyone playing a couple times a week or more, or searching multiple courses for tee times within the 3 day window, the computer system is the only way to go. Suck it up, pay the $8 monthly fee, and rock on.
Old 01-04-2023, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimschlaefer View Post
I'm trying links from GolftheVillages.com to the TeeTimeSystem using both Google and Firefox browsers and continue to get 404 errors (basically 'bad link'). Would someone share the URL for that system so I can request some tee times. And if the GolftheVillages team is "listening", please check your site for valid links.
Thanks in advance.
Https://thevillages.net
Old 01-04-2023, 11:01 AM

I agree. Especially when you can book public courses on line via a third party app like GolfNow.
The Villages phone in tee time system is a 1970s solution and should have been replaced a long time ago.
Old 01-04-2023, 11:05 AM

You can start and stop your subscription depending if you're here full time or part time. You can also use their phone system to key in requested Tee times but it is somewhat cumbersome.
Old 01-04-2023, 12:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dgodin View Post
I agree. Especially when you can book public courses on line via a third party app like GolfNow.
The Villages phone in tee time system is a 1970s solution and should have been replaced a long time ago.
It was with the online system.
Old 01-04-2023, 09:32 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
None of whom manage a system, anywhere near as complex as The Villages "point system".
Their point system isn't complex at all. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but there's basically 4 variables that are taken into account in determining whether a requested booking is fulfilled or not. Any average software developer could code for their algorithm within an hour.
Old 01-05-2023, 10:20 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,029 Times in 726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrChip72 View Post
Their point system isn't complex at all. Correct me if I'm mistaken, but there's basically 4 variables that are taken into account in determining whether a requested booking is fulfilled or not. Any average software developer could code for their algorithm within an hour.

135,000 Village ID's + Guests. 57 Courses. Approximately 100 different starting holes. Somewhere around 5000? available Tee openings. Most requests, involving various "course/time preferences" and various numbers of players, with varying priority.

Seems like a lot more than 4 variables to me.
Old 01-06-2023, 12:39 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
135,000 Village ID's + Guests. 57 Courses. Approximately 100 different starting holes. Somewhere around 5000? available Tee openings. Most requests, involving various "course/time preferences" and various numbers of players, with varying priority.

Seems like a lot more than 4 variables to me.

Most public or semi-private courses have potentially unlimited guests. There's 25 million golfers in the US.

There's only a few variables in deciding YES/NO in whether a booking is fulfilled and that's basically what the points sytem is used for. The points system is their way of providing visibility to their algorithm, which is actually a good thing. The total number of other holes or available bookings on other holes that the person making the request is not a relevant variable. For example if you request to book Mangrove, it's not relevant what other people have booked at other courses on that day. You're just going to be assigned the first available in your preferred timeslot where your point value "wins". Extremely basic algorithm.

I'm done debating an IT problem with someone that doesn't understand basic complexity in the Villages golf reservation system compared to a modern typical application like a travel booking system that is reasonably complex, I've implemented a few.
Closed Thread

Tags
tee, links, system, valid, request

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.