Tee Time System Snafu

Closed Thread
Old 10-15-2019, 10:59 AM
Gold member
Default Tee Time System Snafu

Has anybody ever had a tee time reservation show up in their villages.net account that you never made ?

I put in a request for a tee time for Friday yesterday (Monday). I had no tee times for this week at that time showing up in my account on villages.net. Today, I went in to look and see what I got for Friday and there were identical reservations for both Thursday and Friday (same players, same course, same time) As you know, I couldn't have put a request in for Thursday yesterday (Monday) as it was too late to do so. When I did put the original request in for Friday, I had to go in and change it to replace a player. I called the tee time office and they said I put a tee time request in for Thursday on Sunday at 8:28 AM. That is impossible since I was travelling and had no internet access at that time. Also, if that was really the case, that tee time for Thursday would have shown up on my villages.net account when I looked at it on Monday.

I have requested for somebody with technical knowledge of the system to call me. There is a bug there and I must have just hit the right sequence of events to trigger it.

Has anybody else seen anything like this ?
Old 10-15-2019, 11:09 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Yes we have had tee time made when we were not in state. Official answer was someone has our number
( either known or by mistake), and used it. We now put our numbers on hold while not in TV
Old 10-15-2019, 11:16 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Yes we have had tee time made when we were not in state. Official answer was someone has our number
( either known or by mistake), and used it. We now put our numbers on hold while not in TV
Did they say you made the tee time ? They gave me the same official answer but the facts just do not add up to that. If that was the case that Thursday tee time would have shown up on Monday when I was on the system.

The people at the villages.net said they have never heard of this problem before but I doubt it.
Old 10-15-2019, 01:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post
Did they say you made the tee time ? They gave me the same official answer but the facts just do not add up to that. If that was the case that Thursday tee time would have shown up on Monday when I was on the system.

The people at the villages.net said they have never heard of this problem before but I doubt it.
According to .net, they could not tell me who was making the tee times. But did receive points for two missed times. Didn’t matter they fell off, before we got back. But makes me wonder who was using my number
Old 10-15-2019, 05:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pauld315 View Post

So, you say they are lying?
Old 10-15-2019, 07:26 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

**** happens

Steve
Old 10-15-2019, 08:20 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

Once I got tee times for a group on two different courses at approx. the same time! I called the tee time office and they told me to cancel whatever tee time I didn't want. So I did. But... I'd say there are "screw ups" occasionally.
Old 10-16-2019, 04:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 7,359 Times in 2,509 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
So, you say they are lying?

No. He never said they were lying, you suggested that.
He just doubted they had not had the problem before.
Judging by other responses he was right!
Old 10-16-2019, 07:14 AM
Platinum member

It's not the tee time office, it's someone who knows your # and was putting a group in for Thursday and either hit your name on the list by accident or was using your # to hold a spot open in their group. It may have not shown up on Monday if they put it in later on Monday than when you looked or after Monday but before Thursday.
Old 10-16-2019, 10:49 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
It's not the tee time office, it's someone who knows your # and was putting a group in for Thursday and either hit your name on the list by accident or was using your # to hold a spot open in their group. It may have not shown up on Monday if they put it in later on Monday than when you looked or after Monday but before Thursday.
I don't play golf but the other person in our house does---the group that plays regularly will put someone's # in at times that isn't playing with them (can't recall the reasons) but this is probably what happened.
Closed Thread

Tags
time, tee, request, put, thursday

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.