Tee times and availability of courses

Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2020, 10:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

I started to count open tee times for tomorrow, but gave up. There were 56 in the morning wave at Belle Glade alone
Old 12-17-2020, 10:39 AM
Sage

So you are looking at executive courses only (that wasn't clear in your post that started this thread). There have been a number of posts that are referencing championship courses. I do see a lot of difficulty getting tee times in the morning (between 9 and 12) for my large group (all residents and a typical average number of points of 2.5) on the executive courses between 466 and 44 during snowbird season. Pelican is the one exception. I don't normally include courses north of 466 in my requests so I can't comment on that. If I include the 5 executive courses south of 44 then I never see any issues during snowbird season. What generally happens is that my group plays either Pelican or the executive courses south of 44 during snowbird season. Outside of snowbird season, I am able to get tee times for my group on pretty much any executive course between 466 and 44. If I include all 20 executive courses between 466 and 44 in my requests outside of snowbird season, there are some courses that will be assigned more frequently, for example Pelican.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
All our requests are done by one person, executive courses only, no guests. We actually never had this problem 8 months or so ago. Like I said, just curious how every one else faired.

Last edited by biker1; 12-17-2020 at 10:49 AM.
Old 12-17-2020, 11:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,348 Times in 2,389 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAmb View Post
I live on Osprey and see a lot of rental carts from south of 44. No doubt we are being stressed with all the new folks and , of course, welcome to all the renters and part timers from the North. I too have been denied 3 times this week ( for zero rounds) and I am a priority member.
Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
As a single, or a large group? Were there non-priority members in the group?
How big was time window? How many courses were included?
3 times in one week......something is wrong.
Old 12-17-2020, 12:14 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
So you are looking at executive courses only (that wasn't clear in your post that started this thread). There have been a number of posts that are referencing championship courses. I do see a lot of difficulty getting tee times in the morning (between 9 and 12) for my large group (all residents and a typical average number of points of 2.5) on the executive courses between 466 and 44 during snowbird season. Pelican is the one exception. I don't normally include courses north of 466 in my requests so I can't comment on that. If I include the 5 executive courses south of 44 then I never see any issues during snowbird season. What generally happens is that my group plays either Pelican or the executive courses south of 44 during snowbird season. Outside of snowbird season, I am able to get tee times for my group on pretty much any executive course between 466 and 44. If I include all 20 executive courses between 466 and 44 in my requests outside of snowbird season, there are some courses that will be assigned more frequently, for example Pelican.
That's true I didn't specify executive courses earlier and didn't think about. I only know our scheduler, if you will, uses a 4 hour window and puts in at least 20 courses. I think down the road I'll start try doing a walk on which ever course I want to play as a single like around 3 or 4 o'clock. It doesn't matter who I get paired up with.
Old 12-17-2020, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I'm curious how many of you fellow golfers living north of 466 have had trouble getting course tee times for courses south of 466 and if any of you living south of 466 have trouble getting courses north of 466? Our group seems to never get one booked as the tee times on courses south of 466 are solidly booked every day. I don't think the courses are any better but a little variety would be nice.
I believe it depends on your activity on the courses the more points you get the further back in the list you go. I never have a problem as I don’t play much.
Old 12-17-2020, 03:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
I started to count open tee times for tomorrow, but gave up. There were 56 in the morning wave at Belle Glade alone
You're right, we would do better in the morning, but even though I've lived here ten years, I've never played golf before 11:56. I'm not a morning person, plus there is a discount after 11am during summer fall season. So as a non-priority resident it's only $36. The other 3 guys in my group are the same, not morning people.

It seems the big problem is every evening one of the nines is closed at every golf course. So we've only got 18 holes at every course after 11:56. You save two employees, a starter and an ambassador, and even then I've seen them combine starter shacks in the evening at Bonifay and Evans Prairie. I guess their reasoning is it saves wear and tear on the golf course. Then again, they'll be a lot more saving come January and the higher rates.
Old 12-17-2020, 03:48 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
You're right, we would do better in the morning, but even though I've lived here ten years, I've never played golf before 11:56. I'm not a morning person, plus there is a discount after 11am during summer fall season. So as a non-priority resident it's only $36. The other 3 guys in my group are the same, not morning people.

It seems the big problem is every evening one of the nines is closed at every golf course. So we've only got 18 holes at every course after 11:56. You save two employees, a starter and an ambassador, and even then I've seen them combine starter shacks in the evening at Bonifay and Evans Prairie. I guess their reasoning is it saves wear and tear on the golf course. Then again, they'll be a lot more saving come January and the higher rates.
You are correct, afternoon is busier, only 11 open spots at Belle Glade
Old 12-18-2020, 10:02 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Ohiobuckeye

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
Your post only leads to questions. Are you putting in requests, are you all priority, do you put in for several courses with a wide range of time?
DONH57-You pretty much summed it up!
Old 12-20-2020, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
It should get a little better come January 1st when the winter rates go into effect. But then it will be extremely difficult to get a time on the executives.
Most probably true...but they haven't let the Canadians come yet so it won't be as bad as last year.
Old 12-20-2020, 04:27 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,027 Times in 2,726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by doctorknow View Post
Most probably true...but they haven't let the Canadians come yet so it won't be as bad as last year.
You are forgetting how many new homes were added since last year, without any new Championship golf.
Old 12-20-2020, 04:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,027 Times in 2,726 Posts

Quote:
You are correct, afternoon is busier, only 11 open spots at Belle Glade
I like to play in the afternoon as well, or later in the AM on the 18 hole courses with straight T times. I can almost always get out as a single, but with 2 or more non priority residents it can be very difficult. And if you are not priority and have guests visiting, forget it, you need to go outside the bubble.
Closed Thread

Tags
courses, tee, times, south, north

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.