Tee times and availability of courses

Closed Thread
Old 12-17-2020, 08:05 AM
Sage

Yes, that is exactly what I said. I use that strategy when people change their minds about wanting to play after the tee time has been assigned. See what I stated below:

The person who did the original tee time request can create a new reservation with "guests" only

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Actually, that's not entirely true. You CAN make a request for a guest only without including yourself. Just put yourself in, then select guest when it asks. Tried it and it works.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by biker1 View Post
Yes, that is exactly what I said. I use that strategy when people change their minds about wanting to play after the tee time has been assigned. See what I stated below:

The person who did the original tee time request can create a new reservation with "guests" only
mea culpa, I misunderstood
Old 12-17-2020, 08:16 AM
Sage

No worries. I asked the tee time office if there were any other "legal" options to handle the situation where I want to add golfers and they didn't have any recommendations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
mea culpa, I misunderstood
Old 12-17-2020, 08:42 AM
Veteran member

I agree it would help if the actual process of awarding tee times and what courses was defined . We are north of 466 and never get southern courses even though up to 20 courses are requested. Anyone know factually how tee times are assigned ?
Old 12-17-2020, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,368 Times in 2,396 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjobob View Post
I agree it would help if the actual process of awarding tee times and what courses was defined . We are north of 466 and never get southern courses even though up to 20 courses are requested. Anyone know factually how tee times are assigned ?
https://www.golfthevillages.com/golf...heVillages.pdf
Old 12-17-2020, 08:50 AM

Sign up for The Villages Good Golf school and they explain the process very well !!
Old 12-17-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
I book a teetime for a foursome every week for play on Friday, usually all the courses from Palmer on south, and a couple of the nines at each course so it's about 10 or 12 choices, and this time of year I ask for 11:56 to 12:59 so we can get in 18 holes.

Two weeks ago I put in our request, none of us are priority members, the computer was unable to handle our request. I put in a new request for the next day, Saturday and we got a teetime.

Last weekend I put in a request for Friday and we were denied again, I put in a new request for Saturday, and it was denied. So I finally took an open time for 1:40 on Saturday.

This week I put in the request, and we got a teetime of 12:52, later than I like but at least we'll get in 18 holes and it was at Belle Glade (Calusa) which was about the 10th choice. I had Bonifay as my first two choices, and Cane Garden next, Mallory and Havana and Belle Glade was last.

Lately I've noticed they have one of the nines closed at every championship in the afternoon, which is killing the afternoon teetimes.
These may be blocked by the tee time system for Lifestyle guests.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:57 AM
Veteran member

The KIng and his court only build house and apartment house now---- NO more golf courses.
Old 12-17-2020, 08:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,131 Times in 417 Posts

I request tee times as a “single”, always on courses south of 466 and have never been declined, regardless of the time of year. My practice has been to make my request for a two-hour window and ask for a choice between about 6-8 courses. You can select the courses in order of preference and more often than not I’ll get a tee-time on one of my top three choices.

You have a much better chance of getting a preferred time and course in the afternoon, the later the better the chance. Another alternative is to simply “call around” on your date of play. That will often work as well, but with less certainty in “high season”.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:12 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonH57 View Post
I'm curious how many of you fellow golfers living north of 466 have had trouble getting course tee times for courses south of 466 and if any of you living south of 466 have trouble getting courses north of 466? Our group seems to never get one booked as the tee times on courses south of 466 are solidly booked every day. I don't think the courses are any better but a little variety would be nice.
Hard to say without knowing how the requests are made but with your limited information, I would say that the person setting up your tee times may not be doing it properly.

I set up executive tee times for Wednesday (4 players) and Thursday (up to 8 players) and never once have we been denied a tee time . And MOST of the time , we get our preferred course at (or near) our preferred time ...

Trust me when I say , there is a method to it (without cheating)

I play Championships on Sunday morning (foursome) and the fellow that sets that up has never been denied.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:25 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

All our requests are done by one person, executive courses only, no guests. We actually never had this problem 8 months or so ago. Like I said, just curious how every one else faired.
Old 12-17-2020, 09:28 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan the man View Post
The KIng and his court only build house and apartment house now---- NO more golf courses.
That's not true
Old 12-17-2020, 09:31 AM

The courses south of 466 are more crowded because the people from south of 44 play them, to far for them to go north of 466.
Old 12-17-2020, 10:18 AM

I live on Osprey and see a lot of rental carts from south of 44. No doubt we are being stressed with all the new folks and , of course, welcome to all the renters and part timers from the North. I too have been denied 3 times this week ( for zero rounds) and I am a priority member.
Old 12-17-2020, 10:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayAmb View Post
I live on Osprey and see a lot of rental carts from south of 44. No doubt we are being stressed with all the new folks and , of course, welcome to all the renters and part timers from the North. I too have been denied 3 times this week ( for zero rounds) and I am a priority member.
As a single, or a large group? Were there non-priority members in the group?
Closed Thread

Tags
courses, tee, times, south, north

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.