Topgolf

Closed Thread
Old 01-15-2018, 03:54 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,480 Times in 713 Posts
Default Topgolf

My cousin in Austin posted on Facebook about taking his kids to the Topgolf there. It made me wonder if this is the introduction to playing golf on a course or the end all. The short video gives a pretty good idea of what it's all about. Tampa and Orlando have them.

This is Topgolf | Topgolf - YouTube

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Old 01-15-2018, 04:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 13,599 Times in 5,194 Posts

They had one in Northern Virginia. My dad thought that golfers who used golf carts were sissys. He is probably turning over in his grave with Top Golf.
Old 01-15-2018, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-Town View Post
My cousin in Austin posted on Facebook about taking his kids to the Topgolf there. It made me wonder if this is the introduction to playing golf on a course or the end all. The short video gives a pretty good idea of what it's all about. Tampa and Orlando have them.

This is Topgolf | Topgolf - YouTube
Here's an article written by the generation we need to get interested in golf...or continue to watch participation decline.

Why TopGolf Is Important For Golf's Future - Our Takes

Quote:
But why is this important to growing the game? Well, if you haven’t heard already, the millennial generation isn’t playing the game of golf at the same rate that previous generations played at the same age.

As a millennial myself, I can attest to this fact. There are simply other ways that I would like to spend my hard earned time and money than wondering if I should use a 4 or 5 iron on my approach shot after missing the fairway for the 8th straight hole.

The key here, though, is that while I’m not solely there for the game of golf, I’m still practicing by virtue of swinging a club. The biggest reason I don’t play is because of how bad I am. If I’m indirectly getting better at the game in the process of having a good time, that only increases the chances that I’ll want to go out and play a round on a golf course.

I have no desire to stand on a range a couple times a week to get my game up to competent standards. Maybe I will after I feel more comfortable with my swing after going to a TopGolf a couple of times? Who knows, but the possibility of me getting on a golf range and, later a golf course, can only increase through TopGolf.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:43 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

Being "good" at golf happens two ways...you either are born with a natural talent or you work your butt off to improve. If the idea of working your butt off scares you then perhaps building sand castles is more in line with how you should spend your spare time. Most everyone looks bad when they start...some look bad forever....that's not the reason most play golf. Most play golf because there's always that chance of hitting that perfect shot. If you're not doing it because you don't have "fun" then try something else where you do have fun.

To start "growing the game" attitudes have to change. Golf will never be the instant gratification that any pastime which doesn't involve being seen by other people does. Starting golf is a series of failures, but teaches you perseverance, patience, honesty, concentration and physical control. If this scares you then don't do it.

There have always been ups and downs to golfs growth...just as there will be ups and downs to people claiming it's demise. Go out...learn the rules and etiquette...then go have fun and don't worry about score till there becomes a need to do so.
Closed Thread

Tags
topgolf, video, short, idea, pretty

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.