Twilight Golf - Kicked Off the Course?

Closed Thread
Old 07-10-2017, 04:10 AM
Email Reported As Spam

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayesun View Post
Just a quick inquiry. We were asked by the ambassador on a championship course to stop playing after the 7th hole of our back 9 last night. He said he was concerned for our safety on the course, in the "darkness", that we might drive into a bunker. It was 8:25 when he talked to us, there was plenty of daylight left to finish our round (2 more holes). We were quite surprised but did quit as he requested. We've never had this happen before on any course...and played hundreds of rounds of twilight golf! Has anyone else had this experience?
You and yours are to be complimented for showing good sense in not making an issue of it all. I have witnessed a number of golfers over the years attack ambassadors with vile language threats and refusal to submit.

Perhaps at your next 5:00 PM tee time you may want to verify that if they are accepting your 18 holes of play that you are given the courtesy to complete 18 holes of play. all in all I believe this amounted to one employee's judgment call.

Personal Best Regards:
Old 07-10-2017, 09:28 AM

Judging by the lack of "yes" or "no" answers...I'm going to assume this was an isolated incident, not just for myself,but for anyone else. When I choose to quit playing for the day will remain my decision alone. Thanks for feedback, it will likely be another several hundred rounds before another "aberrant" experience like this occurs. Case closed.

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

"Too soon old...too late smart"
Old 07-10-2017, 09:32 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayesun View Post
...When I choose to quit playing for the day will remain my decision alone...

...it will likely be another several hundred rounds before another "aberrant" experience like this occurs...
Agree on both counts.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polar Bear View Post
You can do both, gg.

If you want to start after the shops close, you can just start playing and the ambassador will write you up properly so you can go to (or call) the golf shop the next day and pay. I can start after 6:30 and get nine in easily. Great policy.

I've had ambassadors tell me they're making their last round....but never had one tell me to stop playing.
Thanks for response, same as my experience.

Question with boldness
Hold to the truth
Speak without fear

"Too soon old...too late smart"
Old 07-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Sage
Location: the villages since 04. Lived in Alaska, Texas, California, Massachusetts, Maine, Maryland, New York
Thanked 7,019 Times in 1,206 Posts

What course was it?
Old 07-10-2017, 08:31 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
It is expected that you show common sense and it is NOT up to the ambassador to impose that on you...I know as I was one.
Just like it's not up to the course or the ambassador to tell the idiots to get off the courses when it's lightning.
Old 07-10-2017, 09:16 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,212 Times in 351 Posts

When I played Palmer the Ambassador came to our foursome and told us we were the last group of the day. He actually followed us because he had to put the chain on the exit gate. It seemed like he couldn't leave until everyone was off the course.
Closed Thread

Tags
twilight, golf, surprised, holes, round

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.