Twosome allowed

Closed Thread
Old 09-07-2018, 03:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,578 Times in 1,323 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
Thanks all. We generally play in the afternoon or later in the day. I have actually been playing for over 30 years and use to work on a golf course cutting green and fairways etc so I know a little about the game. My wife has played the last 8 or so years a little but not much. We would play the 9 hole courses and would try to find the 2-3 least popular if there is such a thing. The course we do play at up north is 9 holes and usually empty in the afternoon. If others are behind us we usually let them play through.
You can try the oversized hole course. Less challenging
Old 09-07-2018, 03:28 PM

Also- if you do get paired up and there's no one behind you, let the others play ahead and then you can follow behind. Like others said, best bet is later in the day. this time of year, you can walk on many courses in the mid afternoon and not have anyone out there in front or behind you........
Old 09-07-2018, 05:10 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

Using the tee time system you can go out the night before you want to play and find an available tee time with 4 openings. Chances are good that you will play by yourselves. If you get paired with others look at it as a serendipidous opportunity to make new friends. I often sign up as an individual and am paired with 3 others and almost always enjoy the comaraderie and have made some good friends that way. There are LOTS of unseasoned and unskilled golfers on the executive courses and that is not a problem if they a. Play the correct tees. b. move along quickly and don't hold up the group. c. pick up after double par. d. don't spend a lot of time looking for lost balls. e. play ready golf and don't spend a lot of time on the green. I have played with people of all skill levels on the execs and most are pleasant to play with and congenial. Bring your clubs and play often - hope I get paired up with you sometime.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:14 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
However we often go out in "high" season at the end of the day to a Starter Shack that has three golf courses ... when people have food, not golf on their minds. The Starter Shack makes every effort to accommodate us.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garywt View Post
We generally play in the afternoon or later in the day. I have actually been playing for over 30 years and use to work on a golf course cutting green and fairways etc so I know a little about the game. My wife has played the last 8 or so years a little but not much. We would play the 9 hole courses and would try to find the 2-3 least popular if there is such a thing.
You're probably better golfers than most residents that play Executive courses.
However I understand occasionally wanting to combine a golf game with "date night".

If you golf at the end of the day when people are food focused, you have a good chance of ending up as a pair.
We have good luck with the Starter Shack at Pimlico/Churchill Greens/Belmont, even in High Season.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:40 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
We have good luck with the Starter Shack at Pimlico/Churchill Greens/Belmont, even in High Season.
Are they the only triple courses that 1 starter shack?
Old 09-08-2018, 01:44 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
Are they the only triple courses that 1 starter shack?
I don't know, but I'd think there are many starter shacks that have triple courses, or at least two.
I mentioned Pimlico only because it's handy for us.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl
Default Twosome.

If you go early Sunday morning to Churchill you can usually play as a twosome.

Tags
time, allowed, twosome, loses, fewest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.