The ugly side of exec golf...

Closed Thread
Old 05-16-2021, 05:00 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default The ugly side of exec golf...

*sigh* I'm a 5'3" target for those self entitled golfers who know more than 55+ years experience at a fairly decent level of amateur golf...this clown and his wife kept their cart parked within the depth of the green thinking they were safe from the tee. Even after numerous attempts to get them to move further from the green side cart path(my wife drove down and asked them to please get outta range) and a call of "FORE" from two people, a ball zipping past the front of their cart, the person with a huge ignorance chip on their shoulder insisted they had moved far enough from the side of the green.

The afore mentioned person then got in my face and threatened me with a beating(never make the first move...you'll be held accountable). I stood my ground and put up with his mouthy attitude even with proof they were wrong on so many things. It wasn't until my 6'5" playing partner got out of his cart that he quickly backed off and drove off.

Why are there some of you out there that think the rules don't apply to them??? Go somewhere else!
Old 05-16-2021, 05:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,351 Times in 2,390 Posts

Phone number on card.
Call starter shack
Ask for Ambassador.
Old 05-16-2021, 05:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,299 Times in 820 Posts

It must be me and also the time of day but I need help in digesting this story.
Old 05-16-2021, 06:05 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyp View Post
It must be me and also the time of day but I need help in digesting this story.
Not so much digesting....but comprehending
Old 05-16-2021, 06:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,880 Times in 2,426 Posts

I don’t worry about it, I just hit the ball, remember golfers are not responsible for errand shots. You’re on the course you’re responsible to duck and cover.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:42 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

I'm still figuring out if this guy is five three. AND where the folks parked and apparently it was a par three? I thought you had to wait for the hole ahead to clear or be well out of range before you hit.

I don't understand what Mortal is telling us.
Old 05-16-2021, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I'm still figuring out if this guy is five three. AND where the folks parked and apparently it was a par three? I thought you had to wait for the hole ahead to clear or be well out of range before you hit.

And I thought it was just me...
Old 05-16-2021, 08:38 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,317 Times in 871 Posts

Quote:

When you finish playing the hole put your putter away and clear the area. As I understand the op, the people in front of them did not clear but stayed by the side of the green....entering a score, discussing the hole, cleaning clubs before putting them into the bag or whatever else was going on. Also, if they were parked next to the green that could mean on the path or actually next to the green. Either way it goes with golfers who don't understand the etiquette or the game or don't care...you know, like raking traps, fixing divots and ball marks.

Berks County Pennsylvania
Old 05-17-2021, 05:17 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMar View Post
When you finish playing the hole put your putter away and clear the area. As I understand the op, the people in front of them did not clear but stayed by the side of the green....entering a score, discussing the hole, cleaning clubs before putting them into the bag or whatever else was going on. Also, if they were parked next to the green that could mean on the path or actually next to the green. Either way it goes with golfers who don't understand the etiquette or the game or don't care...you know, like raking traps, fixing divots and ball marks.
What I fail to understand is that the group didn't move after someone drove up and asked them to leave the greenside area. And they didn't move when "fore!" was yelled. And they didn't move when a ball came through the area in which they were parked. Perhaps it was the last hole and these people felt they didn't have to move once they were "done"? Or they were suicidal? Or there is more to the story, since there was a verbal interaction from the person who drove up and "asked" them to move? As with most stories of this nature, I'd love to hear the other side.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:30 AM
Smile Call the Ambassador

Just call the Ambassador to handle the problem. The phone number to call is on the card. I didn't know about this until someone enlightened me. The next time I'm in front of a group that doesn't know the etiquette I'll call the Ambassador.
Old 05-17-2021, 05:35 AM

Not if you are purposely aiming at or disregarding the likelihood of the person being hit.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:01 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,105 Times in 1,338 Posts

The heat was getting to him.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:03 AM
Default What is wrong with this story

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
*sigh* I'm a 5'3" target for those self entitled golfers who know more than 55+ years experience at a fairly decent level of amateur golf...this clown and his wife kept their cart parked within the depth of the green thinking they were safe from the tee. Even after numerous attempts to get them to move further from the green side cart path(my wife drove down and asked them to please get outta range) and a call of "FORE" from two people, a ball zipping past the front of their cart, the person with a huge ignorance chip on their shoulder insisted they had moved far enough from the side of the green.

The afore mentioned person then got in my face and threatened me with a beating(never make the first move...you'll be held accountable). I stood my ground and put up with his mouthy attitude even with proof they were wrong on so many things. It wasn't until my 6'5" playing partner got out of his cart that he quickly backed off and drove off.

Why are there some of you out there that think the rules don't apply to them??? Go somewhere else!

NOTHING its just a normal day in the Villages where some folk feel they are entitled to do what they want. From not waiting in line. to expecting their groceries to be packed "because they live in Bridgeport Miona" to the golf course to the PB Courts etc etc. How sad that the last years of our lives should be spoiled by those who think this way.
Old 05-17-2021, 06:14 AM
Gold member
Thanked 1,775 Times in 514 Posts

Quote:

Most of the OP's rants are the same. Just changes the names to protect the innocent.

Old 05-17-2021, 06:22 AM
Veteran member
Default Golf

Quote:

He's telling you so e a-hole finished the hole then sat in his cart next to the green and did not move. Then he got threatening when it was pointed out that he should move e away from the green so the next group could play. Seemed pretty clear to me, it's not rocket science

Tags
cart, green, side, wife, person

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.