Water fountains at starter shack and bathroom...

Closed Thread
Old 09-18-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortal1 View Post
anyone know why they are covered in plastic and taped over?

I used them till August. Then they were shut off and covered.
Probably for the same reason that I will never use one of them again after seeing people wash off their faces and rinse their golf towels in them....could not believe what I was seeing....this is only one example in my little world but, sure it was not an isolated case.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:29 AM
Default quarantined

You do realize that there is a viral pandemic going around the world, don't you?? Public drinking fountains are a great means to spread the virus.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahayward65 View Post
You do realize that there is a viral pandemic going around the world, don't you?? Public drinking fountains are a great means to spread the virus.
What he/she said.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:40 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts
Default Duh! So it's okay...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulajr View Post
Coronavirus!
to wash your hands in the sink(same water)?

As I stated I drank from those fountains all the time till they covered them in August and there were no issues.

Yes I know the excuse they're using, but how are you to get the virus from the fountain??? Duh!
Old 09-18-2020, 07:45 AM

Another example of overkill. Some are covered in black plastic, that way mold can build up inside the entire system. Wouldn't it make more sense to keep them uncovered and let the sun sanitize them. Sure hope no one needs water for an emergency.
Old 09-18-2020, 07:47 AM

Quote:
to wash your hands in the sink(same water)?

As I stated I drank from those fountains all the time till they covered them in August and there were no issues.

Yes I know the excuse they're using, but how are you to get the virus from the fountain??? Duh!
Again no one on this forum can give any different answer, your beating a dead horse
Old 09-18-2020, 07:51 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 2,008 Times in 440 Posts

CORONAVIRUS!!!

That's the only answer I get and yet there isn't anyway it can spread through the fountains unless someone who has the virus(or is a carrier)touches(after sneezing in their hand or coughing in it)the pipe where the water exits the fountain. And once the fountain is used the virus would no longer be there.

Someone will say, "but they touched the button that turns on the water"...they also touch the bathroom doors, accidentally touch more than on score card or pencil. There are literally thousands of surfaces that could spread the virus.

No reason to cover the fountains other than some "concerned" citizen complained about them using the mass hysteria to convey their point.

Uncover the fountains...and utilizing freedom of choice use them or do not. I didn't catch the virus using them from Jan to Aug. Common sense and facts...
Old 09-18-2020, 07:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,468 Times in 3,093 Posts

Quote:
CORONAVIRUS!!!

That's the only answer I get and yet there isn't anyway it can spread through the fountains unless someone who has the virus(or is a carrier)touches(after sneezing in their hand or coughing in it)the pipe where the water exits the fountain. And once the fountain is used the virus would no longer be there.

Someone will say, "but they touched the button that turns on the water"...they also touch the bathroom doors, accidentally touch more than on score card or pencil. There are literally thousands of surfaces that could spread the virus.

No reason to cover the fountains other than some "concerned" citizen complained about them using the mass hysteria to convey their point.

Uncover the fountains...and utilizing freedom of choice use them or do not. I didn't catch the virus using them from Jan to Aug. Common sense and facts...
Regardless of your opinion and your experience, this thread was about someone wanting to know why the fountains were covered. The answer is: because they were ordered to cover them.

When you asked for details, you were directed to the source, so that you could find out the details yourself.

Now you're just going on about why you think it's a stupid idea, etc. etc. Except - it doesn't matter what you think about it. What matters - in THIS thread - is that it was done, because it was ordered to be done.
Old 09-18-2020, 08:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,919 Times in 1,109 Posts

Stopped using them long ago it was bad enough when I walked along the beach in Miami to see people picking there dogs up to drink , but when they started washing there feet I had enough lol same thing in summer in Boston
Old 09-18-2020, 08:35 AM

First of all why would you even think to drink from those disgusting bacteria filled fountains????
Old 09-18-2020, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcar View Post
They were ordered to because of the virus, just like the fountains at the pools, postal stations, etc
Who ordered them closed? Was it DeSantis, Sumpter County Commissioners,...? Maybe it was the guy stuffing mail at the postal boxes!!
Old 09-18-2020, 09:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBlossomBaby View Post
Regardless of your opinion and your experience, this thread was about someone wanting to know why the fountains were covered. The answer is: because they were ordered to cover them.

When you asked for details, you were directed to the source, so that you could find out the details yourself.

Now you're just going on about why you think it's a stupid idea, etc. etc. Except - it doesn't matter what you think about it. What matters - in THIS thread - is that it was done, because it was ordered to be done.

well said
Closed Thread

Tags
covered, water, taped, shut, august

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.