Are We Blessed - Or What?

Closed Thread
Old 10-22-2020, 07:13 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts

So much to do. So many friendly people. Golf until you drop. Everything you need a golf cart ride away. Always beautiful and clean.

We are all so blessed!
Old 10-22-2020, 07:15 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,125 Times in 873 Posts

Hear Hear!!
Old 10-22-2020, 07:17 AM

You should get a Pulitzer prize for your post. I often get turned off by some of the petty complaints I see here. We are living at the 99% percentile of life. Your post was SUPERB.
If you are not an inspirational speaker, you missed your calling !!!!!
Old 10-22-2020, 07:21 AM
Platinum member
Thanked 1,840 Times in 777 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nannyof3 View Post
I’m with you all the way. There’s no Garden of Eden but TV comes really close.
I once read a book that claimed that the Garden of Eden was in the jungles of the Congo basin in Africa. If that’s the case, then at least The Villages has the heat and humidity right for the Garden of Eden. Even an occasional serpent.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,883 Times in 1,100 Posts

Wow so many nice messages I think we broke a record for nice message , the villages rocks
Old 10-22-2020, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorDave View Post
Seriously. We are blessed living in TV. Even on a bad day for us - it would be a GREAT day for 99.9% of the people in the world. At some time everyday, I find myself saying to myself "I'm so lucky I found this place." Scheduling golf so easy here! If I want to make new friends, booking myself solo with a group going out has almost always been a great experience. Booking a few times each week to play with close friends is awesome; if we play badly, there is always breakfast or lunch together to look forward to. Granted - I'm terrible at golf - but - it gets me out of the house - keeps me active - and socially it is fun. Wish I learned this game before retirement. BUT, better late than never. So thank you God - for leading me by accident to discover The Villages. And yes, I really enjoy this frustrating game of golf.
Amen! We just moved here from PA about 3 months ago and absolutely love it!
Old 10-22-2020, 07:38 AM
Veteran member
Default Me too!

Quote:
Seriously. We are blessed living in TV. Even on a bad day for us - it would be a GREAT day for 99.9% of the people in the world. At some time everyday, I find myself saying to myself "I'm so lucky I found this place." Scheduling golf so easy here! If I want to make new friends, booking myself solo with a group going out has almost always been a great experience. Booking a few times each week to play with close friends is awesome; if we play badly, there is always breakfast or lunch together to look forward to. Granted - I'm terrible at golf - but - it gets me out of the house - keeps me active - and socially it is fun. Wish I learned this game before retirement. BUT, better late than never. So thank you God - for leading me by accident to discover The Villages. And yes, I really enjoy this frustrating game of golf.
My screen names says EXACTLY how you feel.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Yes, I totally agree. We have friends in Nigeria and one of the young men sent us a video he took through his window because he was too afraid to go out on the street where there were young people protesting the crooked police and government being beaten and one being shot right in front of his eyes. Yes there is social unrest everywhere, and we are blessed to be in a place where we do not have to fight the government and lose. These protesters-as we saw on the text-were unarmed, and yet the video text showed one young man continually beaten by paid thugs so that he couldn’t even get up off the street. Another unarmed man was shot in the head, part of his skull blown away. Forgive my being so graphic, but when I think of the horrors our country in the past few months and civil unrest around the world, I am so grateful to live in peace of The Villages.
Old 10-22-2020, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Totally agree! It's like living in a resort year round!
Old 10-22-2020, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 10 GI View Post
I agree 100%.
Absolutely!!!
Old 10-22-2020, 08:22 AM

Amen to that !!!!!!!!! All of it !!!
Old 10-22-2020, 08:34 AM

This post was a piece of fresh air. Finally positive people with positive attitudes. I’m so tired of the ugly politics so thanks for making my day better. Bless you all.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:47 AM

Moved here early at 45 years old, been here 20 years. I couldn't agree with you more. I thank God every day that I moved here, it's not perfect, but it is an amazingly wonderful and beautiful place to live. So nice to read so many positive things on totv.
Old 10-22-2020, 08:59 AM

Whenever my wife and I want to get out of TV for a few days (for a break from the lifestyle) we try to find someplace to go where it’s nicer than home. Problem is, it’s tough to find a place to go that’s really nicer. You really need to step up to some five star resorts to find someplace nicer in terms of food, golf, entertainment, environs, etc.
Old 10-22-2020, 09:35 AM

Quote:
No we aren’t blessed. We pay a lot of money and it depends on expectations reality etc
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, friends, booking, play, game

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.