What's up with the Palmer Legends course?

Closed Thread
Old 11-07-2022, 06:48 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,032 Times in 726 Posts
Default What's up with the Palmer Legends course?

I play the Palmer Legends course fairly frequently, because it's convenient. When I left TV last May, it was in generally good condition. Not up to Glenview standards but ok.

It's in awful condition, now. I've played it 3-4 times in the last 2 weeks and it's embarrassing. Riley Grove has all new grass & it's ok, but Cherry & Laurel badly need some attention and they certainly aren't getting it.

Glenview is in much better condition, as are Mallory & Cane Garden.
Old 11-07-2022, 08:16 PM
Default Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
I play the Palmer Legends course fairly frequently, because it's convenient. When I left TV last May, it was in generally good condition. Not up to Glenview standards but ok.

It's in awful condition, now. I've played it 3-4 times in the last 2 weeks and it's embarrassing. Riley Grove has all new grass & it's ok, but Cherry & Laurel badly need some attention and they certainly aren't getting it.

Glenview is in much better condition, as are Mallory & Cane Garden.
you are obviously an aficionado. Played there the other day and it appeared to our unofficial opinion fine except the greens were a bit slow.
Old 11-08-2022, 11:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,046 Times in 2,737 Posts

The plan is to renovate the other two 9 holes during the next two slower seasons. Always enjoy playing Palmer, especially Laurel to Riley.
Old 11-08-2022, 02:00 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,032 Times in 726 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
The plan is to renovate the other two 9 holes during the next two slower seasons. Always enjoy playing Palmer, especially Laurel to Riley.
Now I get it! They're not spending any money on maintenance, they're saving it all up for the renovation!

I think Riley is the best 9 holes on campus. Curiously, that wasn't part of Palmer's design, but an add on .... & a good one!
Old 11-08-2022, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianL99 View Post
Now I get it! They're not spending any money on maintenance, they're saving it all up for the renovation!

I think Riley is the best 9 holes on campus. Curiously, that wasn't part of Palmer's design, but an add on .... & a good one!
Basically Palmer renovation is part of long term plans for all courses. Will take time but will upgrade to latest green, fairway and tee box turf plus latest sand for the bunkers.
Closed Thread

Tags
condition, palmer, glenview, legends, badly

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.