Who sets the policy at golf courses?

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2020, 11:54 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,243 Times in 359 Posts
Default Who sets the policy at golf courses?

Who sets the policy at TV golf courses?

I ask this question to follow up on a series of heated discussions on TOTV.

Full disclosure - I am in the camp that believe golfers not wearing masks is reasonable. I would like to see a "no mask required" policy extended to the outdoor activities under the purview of the Recreation Department.

The current argument usually goes "the golfers don't wear masks". The response is "they don't have to - not a rec department activity".

So is the ultimate decision maker for golf policies and recreation department policies the same? Not talking about the director of golf vs the director of recreation but rather whoever they report to.

If you have actual information please chime in. I suppose I could search this out but the inner workings of TV management is not my thing. Thanks in advance.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 05-05-2020, 12:27 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

There is a "Golf and Country Club Administration". Maybe it's Them?
Steve
Old 05-05-2020, 01:47 PM

Here's a thought for you. Why doesn't The Villages install cut off noodles situated an inch or so below the cups like many other courses that allows a putt to actually go in the cup but still retrievable without touching the flagstick? They could be left in tear round and make golf more enjoyable and your score more indicative of what you really shot?
Old 05-05-2020, 02:34 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
Here's a thought for you. Why doesn't The Villages install cut off noodles situated an inch or so below the cups like many other courses that allows a putt to actually go in the cup but still retrievable without touching the flagstick? They could be left in tear round and make golf more enjoyable and your score more indicative of what you really shot?
Good question, I've been saying that since the "pipes" arrived. And it's a much better question for Country Club administration than that mask nonsense.
Old 05-05-2020, 03:05 PM

wow, so many questions and answers. Since there are no mask requested at this time for the golf courses. You could simple ask the golf office for an answer. As for the different ways to set up the holes. I believe the one being used makes all golf in the villages Just practice courses. So play with that in mind. Practice is not a bad thing. Hole in one should not be counted the way it is set up now.
Old 05-05-2020, 03:48 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
OK, I have no opinion on that. Don't think that has anything to do with my original post.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Old 05-05-2020, 04:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 2,634 Times in 928 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Who sets the policy at TV golf courses?

I ask this question to follow up on a series of heated discussions on TOTV.

Full disclosure - I am in the camp that believe golfers not wearing masks is reasonable. I would like to see a "no mask required" policy extended to the outdoor activities under the purview of the Recreation Department.

The current argument usually goes "the golfers don't wear masks". The response is "they don't have to - not a rec department activity".

So is the ultimate decision maker for golf policies and recreation department policies the same? Not talking about the director of golf vs the director of recreation but rather whoever they report to.

If you have actual information please chime in. I suppose I could search this out but the inner workings of TV management is not my thing. Thanks in advance.
That's a shame. And all too common around here. A better understanding of how our community works would save a lot of people a lot of frustration.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,661 Times in 727 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
That's a shame. And all too common around here. A better understanding of how our community works would save a lot of people a lot of frustration.
I agree! And would also add the time to try and get that understanding would be BEFORE you buy. Called due diligence I believe....... The wheel is rolling along just great and does not need to be reinvented.
Old 05-05-2020, 04:29 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I agree! And would also add the time to try and get that understanding would be BEFORE you buy. Called due diligence I believe....... The wheel is rolling along just great and does not need to be reinvented.
So who is trying to reinvent the wheel? Cant anyone on here just answer a question?

Old 05-05-2020, 04:38 PM
Gold member
Thanked 1,668 Times in 529 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
So who is trying to reinvent the wheel? Cant anyone on here just answer a question?
I think I did
Steve
Old 05-06-2020, 06:40 AM
Veteran member

Hilarious.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:43 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

I would call Richard Baier. If it is not him, I am sure he knows who it is.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

no, Who does not set the policy at TV golf courses...Who is on first
Old 05-06-2020, 07:10 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,910 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
no, Who does not set the policy at TV golf courses...Who is on first
No, there are hundreds, maybe thousands of self appointed COVID "police"/tattletales/photographers that THINK they get to make policy everywhere and tell others what to do. Probably the same people that were the "teacher's pet" in grade school and ran home to Mommy if they had an incident playing in the street. Don't give them the time of day, I just ignore them, which makes them even more insane.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:14 AM

The ultimate decision on policy and protocol is the Morse family. There is a Golf and Tennis organization who may call the day to day operation procedures and make some decisions but ultimately, the buck stops at the top, the Morse family.
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, policy, department, recreation, golfers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.