Who sets the policy at golf courses?

Closed Thread
Old 05-06-2020, 07:31 AM
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
wow, so many questions and answers. Since there are no mask requested at this time for the golf courses. You could simple ask the golf office for an answer. As for the different ways to set up the holes. I believe the one being used makes all golf in the villages Just practice courses. So play with that in mind. Practice is not a bad thing. Hole in one should not be counted the way it is set up now.
First of all, social distancing naturally occurs on the golf course AND is further encouraged by the 'Golf & Tennis Division' insisting golfers ride in separate carts UNLESS from same household. Also, since the Golf Shops opened Monday (4th) for retail, they REQUIRE masks be worn when entering AND limit number of shoppers to FOUR. So please don't assume they are not concerned about this whole situation. They actually are one of the few that are trying to maintain some sense of normalcy in this very trying time AND doing so quite well. On the other topic in this thread ... agree that they should have used the noodle vice the PVC in the cups like many courses outside TV are using! More realistic putting conditions and still keeps hands/fingers out of the cup.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:47 AM

Think I recently heard this option.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
wow, so many questions and answers. Since there are no mask requested at this time for the golf courses. You could simple ask the golf office for an answer. As for the different ways to set up the holes. I believe the one being used makes all golf in the villages Just practice courses. So play with that in mind. Practice is not a bad thing. Hole in one should not be counted the way it is set up now.
I would tend to agree.
UNTIL THIS HAPPENED!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	20200505_133650.jpg
Views:	469
Size:	41.9 KB
ID:	83969   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	20200505_133644.jpg
Views:	410
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	83970   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	20200505_133631.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	80.4 KB
ID:	83971   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	20200505_133623.jpg
Views:	434
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	83972  
Old 05-06-2020, 08:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,152 Times in 1,326 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniak4@gmail.com View Post
The ultimate decision on policy and protocol is the Morse family. There is a Golf and Tennis organization who may call the day to day operation procedures and make some decisions but ultimately, the buck stops at the top, the Morse family.

Like any large operation, the Morse family certainly would have delegated responsibility for the day to day operating policies pertaining to golf, tennis, pickleball, etc. and you can be certain that those people were fully vetted and are in total alignment with the Morse family values and the vision that they have for TV
Old 05-06-2020, 08:38 AM
Default Two Golf Course Organizations.

There are 2 golf course organizations, 1, The Championship Courses, and 2, the Executive Course.

1, The championship courses are privately owned by the Morse family, they are operated by the Golf Course Administration, with offices in Sumter Landing.

2, The executive courses are owned by everyone who lives in TV, are administered by the CDD's and they have their own operations teams, who work closely with Golf Course Administration group.

To get your answers I would go to the Golf Course Administration office and ask to speak with the head man for each type of course. By the way, good luck with that. I doubt you will get past the receptionist.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:41 AM

Once the Developer (aka "Morse family") turns amenities and governance over to the District (CDD's, etc) all departments fall under the District. I suppose Mr. Morse can chime in an opinion, but we, the residents, pay amenities, vote for our CDD representatives and have opportunity to voice opinions at all public meetings. Some things fall under deed restrictions set at the time of construction and those rules are governed under the District.

It would be nice if all residents took the District-offered Intro to CDD's (normally held Thursdays, 10 A.M. at the District office) and Resident Academy for more detailed look into how The Villages works.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

I think the new set up is just too difficult for most golfers.

It is bad enough to get the ball in the hole let alone now trying to get it up over the part sticking out of the ground!
Old 05-06-2020, 08:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,536 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
no, Who does not set the policy at TV golf courses...Who is on first
Thanks for a great laugh. Hadn't finished my first cup of coffee yet and it took a second to remember the old Abbott & Costello routine.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:59 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,536 Times in 1,460 Posts
Default Thumbnails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrone Shoelaces View Post
I would tend to agree.
UNTIL THIS HAPPENED!
Please, tell me this is real and not staged.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjn5656 View Post
I would call Richard Baier. If it is not him, I am sure he knows who it is.
I have sent e-mails to Richard Baier and John Rohan. I get the basic CDC
says response. They are going to do what they want. Still, it would be nice
to know who the top dog is in the hierarchy. It seems are views of anything within the villages really doesn't matter. Just buy our pricey homes with exorbitant bonds, and pay your amenity fee's and be happy.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:35 AM
Veteran member

like the one who made "snarky" comments to the guy at the pool on opening day! now you want to start more trouble, wow!
Old 05-06-2020, 09:42 AM

It is very easy for golfers to stay much more than 6' apart at all times, and we never touch the same club or ball as another golfer. We ride in individual carts, unless we live together. So masks are not required, though some choose to wear them. Masks are required at outdoor activities that may cause accelerated breathing. Golf should not do that. I have played without a mask with a person who chose to wear one. Hope this info/opinion helps.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:47 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,199 Times in 461 Posts

They did not close the golf courses for the same reason they left liquor stores open, there would be rioting in the streets otherwise. I have seen golfers congregating in the parking lots and then get into their respective golf carts to play. What a joke!
Old 05-06-2020, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniak4@gmail.com View Post
The ultimate decision on policy and protocol is the Morse family. There is a Golf and Tennis organization who may call the day to day operation procedures and make some decisions but ultimately, the buck stops at the top, the Morse family.
The “top” is Governor DeSantis, not the Morse family.
Old 05-06-2020, 01:21 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,243 Times in 359 Posts

Thanks to those that gave a "useful" answer.

Just trying to figure out if there is a link above golf and recreation activities that could/should resolve the disparate policies (some office below the owners).

I've stated my opinion (yes it is just an opinion I know) that the outdoor (only) recreation activities policy should be more like the golf policies.

The government cannot give anything to anyone without first taking it from someone else
Closed Thread

Tags
golf, policy, department, recreation, golfers

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.