Golf Etiquette

Closed Thread
Old 05-05-2020, 07:13 PM
Default Golf Etiquette

I played Arnold Palmer today and was appalled by the condition of the fairways on Laurel. Is it too much to ask that golfers fix their divots? Before you complain about course conditions, ask yourself whether you are doing your part to keep the courses in the best shape possible. Fill your sand bottles and use them! It is very frustrating to find your ball in a divot on nearly every shot.

One last thing: We are growing at a record pace and golf courses are becoming more and more crowded every day. Please hit from the tees that reflect your level of play. Doing this will speed play and increase everyone’s enjoyment of the game.
Old 05-06-2020, 06:39 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656

Unfortunately too many people don't know or don't care about the etiquette of golf down here.
Old 05-06-2020, 07:01 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,108 Times in 1,340 Posts

I always fix a couple extra marks on every green.
Old 05-06-2020, 08:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joanne19335 View Post
One last thing: We are growing at a record pace and golf courses are becoming more and more crowded every day.
That didn’t used to happen when the Villages grew because they added holes of Championship Golf at the same rate that they built homes. That all stopped several years ago when the last Championship Course, Belle Glade, opened. Ever since then, the ratio of Championship Golf holes to homes has steadily declined.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts

Quote:
I played Arnold Palmer today and was appalled by the condition of the fairways on Laurel. Is it too much to ask that golfers fix their divots? Before you complain about course conditions, ask yourself whether you are doing your part to keep the courses in the best shape possible. Fill your sand bottles and use them! It is very frustrating to find your ball in a divot on nearly every shot.

One last thing: We are growing at a record pace and golf courses are becoming more and more crowded every day. Please hit from the tees that reflect your level of play. Doing this will speed play and increase everyone’s enjoyment of the game.
Good luck!
Old 05-06-2020, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I always fix a couple extra marks on every green.
Thank you, this medal is going your way!
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	The Villages Medal.jpg
Views:	1118
Size:	92.4 KB
ID:	83981  
Old 05-06-2020, 03:39 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:

Growing part maybe coming to screeching slow down
Your 100% spot on about the rest

Tags
golf, courses, play, shot, growing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.