Who sets the policy at golf courses?

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 05-05-2020, 11:54 AM
npwalters's Avatar
npwalters npwalters is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 336
Thanks: 0
Thanked 347 Times in 99 Posts
Default Who sets the policy at golf courses?

Who sets the policy at TV golf courses?

I ask this question to follow up on a series of heated discussions on TOTV.

Full disclosure - I am in the camp that believe golfers not wearing masks is reasonable. I would like to see a "no mask required" policy extended to the outdoor activities under the purview of the Recreation Department.

The current argument usually goes "the golfers don't wear masks". The response is "they don't have to - not a rec department activity".

So is the ultimate decision maker for golf policies and recreation department policies the same? Not talking about the director of golf vs the director of recreation but rather whoever they report to.

If you have actual information please chime in. I suppose I could search this out but the inner workings of TV management is not my thing. Thanks in advance.
__________________
Pam&Nick
  #2  
Old 05-05-2020, 12:27 PM
anothersteve's Avatar
anothersteve anothersteve is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,125
Thanks: 319
Thanked 1,433 Times in 480 Posts
Default

There is a "Golf and Country Club Administration". Maybe it's Them?
Steve
  #3  
Old 05-05-2020, 01:47 PM
donassaid donassaid is offline
Member
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 58
Thanks: 70
Thanked 107 Times in 34 Posts
Default

Here's a thought for you. Why doesn't The Villages install cut off noodles situated an inch or so below the cups like many other courses that allows a putt to actually go in the cup but still retrievable without touching the flagstick? They could be left in tear round and make golf more enjoyable and your score more indicative of what you really shot?
  #4  
Old 05-05-2020, 02:34 PM
golfing eagles's Avatar
golfing eagles golfing eagles is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton
Posts: 6,250
Thanks: 163
Thanked 2,117 Times in 642 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
Here's a thought for you. Why doesn't The Villages install cut off noodles situated an inch or so below the cups like many other courses that allows a putt to actually go in the cup but still retrievable without touching the flagstick? They could be left in tear round and make golf more enjoyable and your score more indicative of what you really shot?
Good question, I've been saying that since the "pipes" arrived. And it's a much better question for Country Club administration than that mask nonsense.
  #5  
Old 05-05-2020, 03:05 PM
Gerald's Avatar
Gerald Gerald is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 351
Thanks: 0
Thanked 59 Times in 9 Posts
Default

wow, so many questions and answers. Since there are no mask requested at this time for the golf courses. You could simple ask the golf office for an answer. As for the different ways to set up the holes. I believe the one being used makes all golf in the villages Just practice courses. So play with that in mind. Practice is not a bad thing. Hole in one should not be counted the way it is set up now.
  #6  
Old 05-05-2020, 03:48 PM
npwalters's Avatar
npwalters npwalters is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 336
Thanks: 0
Thanked 347 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by donassaid View Post
Here's a thought for you. Why doesn't The Villages install cut off noodles situated an inch or so below the cups like many other courses that allows a putt to actually go in the cup but still retrievable without touching the flagstick? They could be left in tear round and make golf more enjoyable and your score more indicative of what you really shot?
OK, I have no opinion on that. Don't think that has anything to do with my original post.
__________________
Pam&Nick
  #7  
Old 05-05-2020, 04:04 PM
Marathon Man Marathon Man is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 1,253
Thanks: 2
Thanked 653 Times in 265 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
Who sets the policy at TV golf courses?

I ask this question to follow up on a series of heated discussions on TOTV.

Full disclosure - I am in the camp that believe golfers not wearing masks is reasonable. I would like to see a "no mask required" policy extended to the outdoor activities under the purview of the Recreation Department.

The current argument usually goes "the golfers don't wear masks". The response is "they don't have to - not a rec department activity".

So is the ultimate decision maker for golf policies and recreation department policies the same? Not talking about the director of golf vs the director of recreation but rather whoever they report to.

If you have actual information please chime in. I suppose I could search this out but the inner workings of TV management is not my thing. Thanks in advance.
That's a shame. And all too common around here. A better understanding of how our community works would save a lot of people a lot of frustration.
  #8  
Old 05-05-2020, 04:24 PM
CWGUY's Avatar
CWGUY CWGUY is offline
Sage
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 3,204
Thanks: 1,963
Thanked 748 Times in 372 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marathon Man View Post
That's a shame. And all too common around here. A better understanding of how our community works would save a lot of people a lot of frustration.
I agree! And would also add the time to try and get that understanding would be BEFORE you buy. Called due diligence I believe....... The wheel is rolling along just great and does not need to be reinvented.
__________________
__________________________________________________
Trying To Understand Some People Is Like Trying To Smell The Color 9

Everytime you feel yourself getting pulled into other people's nonsense, repeat these words: NOT MY CIRCUS - NOT MY MONKEYS
  #9  
Old 05-05-2020, 04:29 PM
npwalters's Avatar
npwalters npwalters is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 336
Thanks: 0
Thanked 347 Times in 99 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWGUY View Post
I agree! And would also add the time to try and get that understanding would be BEFORE you buy. Called due diligence I believe....... The wheel is rolling along just great and does not need to be reinvented.
So who is trying to reinvent the wheel? Cant anyone on here just answer a question?
__________________
Pam&Nick
  #10  
Old 05-05-2020, 04:38 PM
anothersteve's Avatar
anothersteve anothersteve is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 1,125
Thanks: 319
Thanked 1,433 Times in 480 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by npwalters View Post
So who is trying to reinvent the wheel? Cant anyone on here just answer a question?
I think I did
Steve
  #11  
Old 05-06-2020, 06:40 AM
J1ceasar J1ceasar is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 166
Thanks: 7
Thanked 124 Times in 61 Posts
Default

Hilarious.
  #12  
Old 05-06-2020, 06:43 AM
rjn5656's Avatar
rjn5656 rjn5656 is offline
Gold member
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,078
Thanks: 42
Thanked 240 Times in 64 Posts
Send a message via AIM to rjn5656
Default

I would call Richard Baier. If it is not him, I am sure he knows who it is.
__________________
Bob anc Cheri
Upstate NY/Bonita
  #13  
Old 05-06-2020, 06:48 AM
davem4616 davem4616 is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Auburn, MA / Ft Lauderdale
Posts: 847
Thanks: 151
Thanked 1,174 Times in 411 Posts
Default

no, Who does not set the policy at TV golf courses...Who is on first
  #14  
Old 05-06-2020, 07:10 AM
golfing eagles's Avatar
golfing eagles golfing eagles is offline
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton
Posts: 6,250
Thanks: 163
Thanked 2,117 Times in 642 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davem4616 View Post
no, Who does not set the policy at TV golf courses...Who is on first
No, there are hundreds, maybe thousands of self appointed COVID "police"/tattletales/photographers that THINK they get to make policy everywhere and tell others what to do. Probably the same people that were the "teacher's pet" in grade school and ran home to Mommy if they had an incident playing in the street. Don't give them the time of day, I just ignore them, which makes them even more insane.
  #15  
Old 05-06-2020, 07:14 AM
soniak4@gmail.com soniak4@gmail.com is offline
Member
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 43
Thanks: 71
Thanked 103 Times in 33 Posts
Default

The ultimate decision on policy and protocol is the Morse family. There is a Golf and Tennis organization who may call the day to day operation procedures and make some decisions but ultimately, the buck stops at the top, the Morse family.
Reply

Tags
golf, policy, department, recreation, golfers


You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:30 PM.