WHY THE 4:00 pm GOLF CART CLOSING

Closed Thread
Old 04-22-2020, 02:12 AM

I am attempting to get my wife interested in golf. So I took her on a cart ride on the coarse near our house at around 6 pm. No golfers around, and we were not playing nor did we exit the cart - I was just going to let her see how the holes are set up, tee boxes, etc. We were quickly asked to leave by an ambassador. The next day while I was playing I asked the starter about staffing on the course after 4 pm, as I had read that limited staffing was the reason course hours were reduced. The starter stated the courses are still being staffed until 7 pm even now. The primary reason for closing the courses early is that the courses are busiest during the later hours, and the courses are attempting to reduce the number of players by closing the courses during the busiest time. The starter said there are trolls at the courses every day taking pictures and writing letters attempting to shut down the courses totally - like what occurred with the pools and pickle ball. By shutting down early and reducing the number of players, the courses are hoping to improve the “optics” to maintain operations on a limited basis versus being ordered to shut down the courses totally. This is what I was told by a course employee, and although I am not sure it makes total sense (I am now challenged getting worked in as a single as the courses around me are pretty booked so the courses are still filled with people), I totally believe his statement regarding troll’s attempts to have the courses shut down. Just look at the various letters to the editor in local news and comments within this forum.
Old 04-22-2020, 04:52 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knighterrant View Post
I am attempting to get my wife interested in golf. So I took her on a cart ride on the coarse near our house at around 6 pm. No golfers around, and we were not playing nor did we exit the cart - I was just going to let her see how the holes are set up, tee boxes, etc. We were quickly asked to leave by an ambassador. The next day while I was playing I asked the starter about staffing on the course after 4 pm, as I had read that limited staffing was the reason course hours were reduced. The starter stated the courses are still being staffed until 7 pm even now. The primary reason for closing the courses early is that the courses are busiest during the later hours, and the courses are attempting to reduce the number of players by closing the courses during the busiest time. The starter said there are trolls at the courses every day taking pictures and writing letters attempting to shut down the courses totally - like what occurred with the pools and pickle ball. By shutting down early and reducing the number of players, the courses are hoping to improve the “optics” to maintain operations on a limited basis versus being ordered to shut down the courses totally. This is what I was told by a course employee, and although I am not sure it makes total sense (I am now challenged getting worked in as a single as the courses around me are pretty booked so the courses are still filled with people), I totally believe his statement regarding troll’s attempts to have the courses shut down. Just look at the various letters to the editor in local news and comments within this forum.
I agree with you, that doesn't make sense.

a) Those idiot trolls have been out there with their cameras since day 1 of the shut down

b) As you said, the tee times are full so it is no busier at one time than another

c) the "staffing" until 7 consists of one ambassador chasing off people who don't belong on the course

With 50+ combined champ and exec courses, they need both a starter and ambassador to keep open past 4PM tee times, and they simply don't have enough staff for that
Old 04-22-2020, 06:00 AM
Veteran member

Ticket the trespassers -- theft of services
Old 04-22-2020, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
I agree with you, that doesn't make sense.

a) Those idiot trolls have been out there with their cameras since day 1 of the shut down

b) As you said, the tee times are full so it is no busier at one time than another

c) the "staffing" until 7 consists of one ambassador chasing off people who don't belong on the course

With 50+ combined champ and exec courses, they need both a starter and ambassador to keep open past 4PM tee times, and they simply don't have enough staff for that
What I stated Is that I wasn’t sure the course employee statement made total sense.

a) The trolls have been out there, and everything is shut down except golf. So it could make sense to take some action to thwart efforts targeted at golf.

b) The tee times are full now in part due to reduced operating hours. I was able to get worked in as a single easier prior to that.

c) The courses previously didn’t maintain any staffing after the final tee time at 7 to run people off courses until dark. Why waste funds for staffing now to do anything different.

Just clarification.
Old 04-22-2020, 06:57 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
The golf courses are closed after four except for people who had a tee time before 4:00. That has never been the case. I used to go and play nine holes at 7:00 in the summer time. Now, that is not allowed.

The eight hours of tee times has been reduced by 25% from the 12 hours that has always existed. I used to be able to call as a single and get on everywhere this time of year. Now I'll call ten executive courses and get the same answer. "Nothing available. We're completely full all day"

If they're short staffed because of the pandemic, how about having the ambassadors work the starter booth? The ambassadors the least necessary members of the staffs. They do nothing but give out water and sand and they're not giving out water these days.
Well, that was a prickish ding at our Ambassador’s, wasn’t it?

Smack talk from someone that allegedly worked in the golf business.

Tags
villages, golf, limited, activity, time

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.