women golfers executive courses giving each other a putt within 9"

Closed Thread
Old 11-16-2014, 01:06 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter123 View Post
Uh-Oh.....Now you've done it. How do you know this?
I vouch for the fact that Dillywho is not a beginner or a duffer and is married to a very, very good golfer. Dilly made the point clearly that it is possible early in the day to begin with a two hole gap. I know Dilly and hubs would quickly close the gap. I was just admiring some very fancy crystal and sterling trophies at their home just this week.
Old 11-16-2014, 01:36 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I am not going to yell at you. Well a little. Keep the pace of play. If you are not ready to hit when the group ahead of you vacates the green, you are probably not paying attention. Watch where your ball goes as well as other members of the foursome. Be planning your next shot, and if you are not sure take two or three clubs to the ball . You can enjoy golf and repair divots and rake traps but you have to be aware of what is happening. There is etiquette and rules in every game and golf is to me the most polite. You must play your game and think of others in your foursome and on the course that day.Find the rules for ready golf and follow them and everyone will love to play with you no matter how new you are.

Here is one of my favorite fellows reminding you to not horse around;

arnold palmer while we're young - Bing Videos
That's a funny video. I forgot about rodney dangefield saying "while we're young" in caddyshack. I coached hs golf for 33 years. I remember playing a kid in practice and I was about 2 ft from the hole. When I went down to pick it up he said "hey coach, there's still some meat on that bone". I laughed and putted and probably missed the putt. He was a much better player.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:21 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
I vouch for the fact that Dillywho is not a beginner or a duffer and is married to a very, very good golfer. Dilly made the point clearly that it is possible early in the day to begin with a two hole gap. I know Dilly and hubs would quickly close the gap. I was just admiring some very fancy crystal and sterling trophies at their home just this week.
Don't know why you responded to me with this????

When I said "how do you know this" I was responding to dillies comment about woman talking too much and men thinking that they are better than they think.. I thought that was pretty clear. Sorry that you seemed to have
mis-understood. Normally, someone would get flamed for saying something like that.

this is what dilly said.

Originally Posted by dillywho View Post

Unfortunately, women are notorious for having to finish a conversation before getting out to hit when they get to the tee box (or ANY shot) and then try to decide which club they want to hit after they do. Likewise, they also want to finish their conversation before moving on to the next hole. Men sometimes like to look like they are really better than they are with all they go through. Sorry, Green Jackets are reserved for The Masters Tournament and lengthy conversation is for the 19th hole.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Don't know why you responded to me with this????

When I said "how do you know this" I was responding to dillies comment about woman talking too much and men thinking that they are better than they think.. I thought that was pretty clear. Sorry that you seemed to have
mis-understood. Normally, someone would get flamed for saying something like that.

this is what dilly said.

Originally Posted by dillywho View Post

Unfortunately, women are notorious for having to finish a conversation before getting out to hit when they get to the tee box (or ANY shot) and then try to decide which club they want to hit after they do. Likewise, they also want to finish their conversation before moving on to the next hole. Men sometimes like to look like they are really better than they are with all they go through. Sorry, Green Jackets are reserved for The Masters Tournament and lengthy conversation is for the 19th hole.
Sorry for misunderstanding. I am on the side of keeping things moving and so are you and so is she.

AND new people, golf isn't an easy, relaxed game in the sense that it just looks easy and relaxed. If you are good at it, then it gets a little easier and a little more relaxed. The primary person you are playing against is yourself. Just a tad off, just a little pressure, just a slight variance in stance and it gets to be another day that you are never going back. Ask me how I know? I have been going back for more than forty years, and some days I love the game and some days I hate it. I never know which me will show up.
Old 11-16-2014, 02:45 PM
Sage

Quote:
Unfortunately, women are notorious for having to finish a conversation before getting out to hit when they get to the tee box (or ANY shot) and then try to decide which club they want to hit after they do.
If anyone has a walking problem then please ignore what I am about to say.

I walk the course and unless the course is empty in front, I can keep up with any cart. One of the benifits of walking is that there is a lot more conversation time with any of the other walkers as you are walking. Another benifit is that you go right to the ball with all your clubs and on the way can't help but think about the upcoming shot.

At first, try walking the short holes. You will be glad that you did.
Old 11-16-2014, 03:53 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
If anyone has a walking problem then please ignore what I am about to say.

I walk the course and unless the course is empty in front, I can keep up with any cart. One of the benifits of walking is that there is a lot more conversation time with any of the other walkers as you are walking. Another benifit is that you go right to the ball with all your clubs and on the way can't help but think about the upcoming shot.

At first, try walking the short holes. You will be glad that you did.
That was dillywho's comment not mine.

This thread has run it's it's course. No pun intended. Try to keep up with the group directly ahead of you and enjoy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.