Would like to golf with beginners

Closed Thread
Old 12-31-2015, 11:53 AM
Smile Would like to golf with beginners

I am a beginner golfer in my 70's and would like to golf with other women who are beginners also. I would feel more comfortable then going golfing with those who are good golfers and more advanced. Thank you. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:12 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

There are MANY experienced golfers here, notice I didn't mention GOOD, that have walked with beginners many times in their lives to get them started and keep them going. One of the main things that happens when four beginners golf together is that they fall behind and slow down play looking for lost balls and just simply hitting more shots usually. An experienced golfer who is a friend can just ride along and tell you to pick up and start the next hole when you have hit six shots on a par three or eight shots on a par four. They will tell you to tell and write your score at the next tee, if you are keeping score and to walk quickly off the green and enter your carts and move on. Just a lot of little, and maybe annoying advice that will make you accepted and enjoyed by any golfer on the course to play with. You don't have to be good to be a golfer that can play with anyone, no matter their skill level, you just need to know the ropes.
Old 12-31-2015, 01:21 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by priscilla View Post
I am a beginner golfer in my 70's and would like to golf with other women who are beginners also. I would feel more comfortable then going golfing with those who are good golfers and more advanced. Thank you. Looking forward to hearing from you.
Priscilla, I sent you a PM. We do know the rules and have gone to Golf School.
Old 12-31-2015, 05:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
There are MANY experienced golfers here, notice I didn't mention GOOD, that have walked with beginners many times in their lives to get them started and keep them going. One of the main things that happens when four beginners golf together is that they fall behind and slow down play looking for lost balls and just simply hitting more shots usually. An experienced golfer who is a friend can just ride along and tell you to pick up and start the next hole when you have hit six shots on a par three or eight shots on a par four. They will tell you to tell and write your score at the next tee, if you are keeping score and to walk quickly off the green and enter your carts and move on. Just a lot of little, and maybe annoying advice that will make you accepted and enjoyed by any golfer on the course to play with. You don't have to be good to be a golfer that can play with anyone, no matter their skill level, you just need to know the ropes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyle Gant View Post
Most golfers understand you are a beginner, BUT you can learn so much by watching a better golfer and they will help you if you ask.
I totally agree with both. Additionally, take a few lessons from one of the instructors at Sarasota or Palmer to at least get the basics down and go to one of the Good Golf School sessions.
Old 12-31-2015, 10:36 PM
Gold member

I play to a scratch or better on the exec's(from any tees)and think it's great that people take up golf at any age. If we end up playing at some point I would never laugh and just enjoy the day.

I do suggest as another did to go to the Good Golf School....it's free of charge and will get you started in the right direction...basic rules and etiquette. Do take some beginner lessons and have fun!
Old 12-31-2015, 11:13 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
Priscilla, I sent you a PM. We do know the rules and have gone to Golf School.
And we don't hold up play and we play ready golf and we don't go off looking for lost balls and we are always aware of who is in front of us and behind us and, and, and... I resent the implication that beginner golfers should not play together and that they always hold other players up.
Old 01-01-2016, 11:41 PM

I would also like to golf with beginners. Priscilla, PM me and perhaps we can get together.
Old 01-02-2016, 06:11 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,506 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
And we don't hold up play and we play ready golf and we don't go off looking for lost balls and we are always aware of who is in front of us and behind us and, and, and... I resent the implication that beginner golfers should not play together and that they always hold other players up.

Then you are no longer a beginner. Very good indeed. You will enjoy playing with both Priscilla'a and they will enjoy playing with you. She will have two folks who know the ropes.

There is another large bunch who are beginners who play together. I will try to find the thread.

Here it is;
Beginner Golf League Ladies
Old 01-02-2016, 08:59 AM
Default Beginners Golf

I'm part of a beginners golf group that previously posted on TOTV. We play Tuesday mornings and we do play "Ready Golf"! If your interested PM me for details.
Closed Thread

Tags
beginners, golf, golfers, advanced, good, golfing, beginner, hearing, forward, women, 70s, golfer, comfortable, feel

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.