Are you sharing a golf cart??

» Site Navigation
Home Page The Villages Maps The Villages Activities The Villages Clubs The Villages Book Healthcare Rentals Real Estate Section Classified Section The Villages Directory Home Improvement Site Guidelines Advertising Info Register Now Video Tutorials Frequently Asked Questions
» Newsletter Signup
» Premium Tower
» Advertisements
» Trending News
» Tower Sponsors




















» Premium Sponsors
» Banner Sponsors
» Advertisements
Reply
Thread Tools
  #1  
Old 06-02-2021, 04:50 PM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 7,966
Thanks: 513
Thanked 5,125 Times in 1,930 Posts
Default Are you sharing a golf cart??

Played Glenview this morning.
(course in great shape)

Three players in our group, three golf carts in our group.
Saw a couple other groups with > two carts.

What are you going to do this month????
__________________
Mr. Helpful
  #2  
Old 06-02-2021, 05:04 PM
Papa_lecki Papa_lecki is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 329
Thanks: 14
Thanked 453 Times in 166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Played Glenview this morning.
(course in great shape)

Three players in our group, three golf carts in our group.
Saw a couple other groups with > two carts.

What are you going to do this month????
Seems like this will be tough to enforce.
Think they won’t let you golf if you don’t pair up? Will you get a refund?

To answer you’re question - just me in my cart, unless I’m golfing with my wife.
  #3  
Old 06-02-2021, 05:21 PM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 7,966
Thanks: 513
Thanked 5,125 Times in 1,930 Posts
Default

You can have three carts, you can have four carts.................only two out in the fairways.
__________________
Mr. Helpful
  #4  
Old 06-02-2021, 05:24 PM
stanley's Avatar
stanley stanley is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: The here and now
Posts: 634
Thanks: 774
Thanked 1,074 Times in 371 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Played Glenview this morning.
(course in great shape)

Three players in our group, three golf carts in our group.
Saw a couple other groups with > two carts.
Are you all vaccinated?

But back to the thread title. I always golf with people I know and don't have, and never had a problem sharing a cart...............and I always walk the execs.
__________________
'1984' was meant to be a warning, not a guide book

Last edited by stanley; 06-02-2021 at 05:33 PM.
  #5  
Old 06-02-2021, 05:42 PM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 7,966
Thanks: 513
Thanked 5,125 Times in 1,930 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
Are you all vaccinated?
Yes.

But Friday golfing with two (currently) unknowns.

__________________
Mr. Helpful
  #6  
Old 06-02-2021, 05:47 PM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 7,966
Thanks: 513
Thanked 5,125 Times in 1,930 Posts
Default

Maybe someone has experienced this....................How do they determine which cart must stay off of the fairway???

Four strangers show up to play, four carts...............who gets to ride in the fairway??

__________________
Mr. Helpful
  #7  
Old 06-02-2021, 05:53 PM
Papa_lecki Papa_lecki is offline
Senior Member
Join Date: Nov 2020
Posts: 329
Thanks: 14
Thanked 453 Times in 166 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
You can have three carts, you can have four carts.................only two out in the fairways.
Good thing i dont hit my balls in the middle of the fairway
  #8  
Old 06-02-2021, 05:53 PM
stanley's Avatar
stanley stanley is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: The here and now
Posts: 634
Thanks: 774
Thanked 1,074 Times in 371 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Maybe someone has experienced this....................How do they determine which cart must stay off of the fairway???

Four strangers show up to play, four carts...............who gets to ride in the fairway??

It's "supposed" to be agreed upon by the players. This is going to cause a lot of heartache for the ambassadors. The rumor going around is there will be demerits for those that don't and will not adhere to the rules. Demerits add up and golf priviledges can be curtailed. Now that's just a romor and I hope it becomes fact.
__________________
'1984' was meant to be a warning, not a guide book
  #9  
Old 06-02-2021, 05:56 PM
Bogie Shooter Bogie Shooter is offline
Sage
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 15,401
Thanks: 3
Thanked 2,098 Times in 957 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Played Glenview this morning.
(course in great shape)

Three players in our group, three golf carts in our group.
Saw a couple other groups with > two carts.

What are you going to do this month????
Yep. 4 players 2 carts. This am at Glenview. Ditto on conditions
__________________
The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it. George Orwell.
“Only truth and transparency can guarantee freedom”, John McCain
  #10  
Old 06-02-2021, 05:57 PM
asianthree's Avatar
asianthree asianthree is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pennacamp, Fernandinia 2 Frogs
Posts: 7,195
Thanks: 19
Thanked 1,137 Times in 440 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Maybe someone has experienced this....................How do they determine which cart must stay off of the fairway???

Four strangers show up to play, four carts...............who gets to ride in the fairway??

Since everyone is a grown person, common sense might help. Playing with three that I have never met. One could barely walk, one had a access pass. I rode with someone who I didn’t ask if they had been vaccinated or not.

For those vaccinated do you still not trust the science, and is that why you won’t pair up as in the past? Just a question
__________________
Do not worry about things you can not change
  #11  
Old 06-02-2021, 05:57 PM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 7,966
Thanks: 513
Thanked 5,125 Times in 1,930 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley View Post
It's "supposed" to be agreed upon by the players. This is going to cause a lot of heartache for the ambassadors. The rumor going around is there will be demerits for those that don't and will not adhere to the rules. Demerits add up and golf priviledges can be curtailed. Now that's just a romor and I hope it becomes fact.
My middle name was Demerits in High School.

Jus not sure how this will work, wondering if others have experienced this issue prior to COVID.
__________________
Mr. Helpful
  #12  
Old 06-02-2021, 06:05 PM
stanley's Avatar
stanley stanley is offline
Veteran member
Join Date: Nov 2020
Location: The here and now
Posts: 634
Thanks: 774
Thanked 1,074 Times in 371 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
My middle name was Demerits in High School.

Jus not sure how this will work, wondering if others have experienced this issue prior to COVID.
From what I experienced in the past..it was never a problem, there were very few if any at all that weren't sharing carts. Most foursomes know each other and are friends or close neighbors. This sharing carts should really be a non issue.
__________________
'1984' was meant to be a warning, not a guide book

Last edited by stanley; 06-02-2021 at 06:27 PM.
  #13  
Old 06-02-2021, 06:34 PM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 7,966
Thanks: 513
Thanked 5,125 Times in 1,930 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by asianthree View Post
Since everyone is a grown person, common sense might help. Playing with three that I have never met. One could barely walk, one had a access pass. I rode with someone who I didn’t ask if they had been vaccinated or not.

For those vaccinated do you still not trust the science, and is that why you won’t pair up as in the past? Just a question
Maybe trust is not the issue..............no one says vaccination is 100%. Maybe it's not hurting anyone or anything having three carts, so why not.
__________________
Mr. Helpful
  #14  
Old 06-02-2021, 07:05 PM
golfing eagles's Avatar
golfing eagles golfing eagles is online now
Sage
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: East Meadow NY, Brooklyn, Staten Island, Auburn NY, Lake Deaton
Posts: 7,703
Thanks: 245
Thanked 5,389 Times in 1,605 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
Maybe trust is not the issue..............no one says vaccination is 100%. Maybe it's not hurting anyone or anything having three carts, so why not.
Nope, the vaccination is not 100%. But for the first 85 million vaccinated, according to the CDC, it is 99.992%. So to all those that don't want to share a cart, enjoy walking from the cart path (which is even more fun if it is 100 yards from your ball)
  #15  
Old 06-02-2021, 07:10 PM
dewilson58's Avatar
dewilson58 dewilson58 is offline
Sage
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Posts: 7,966
Thanks: 513
Thanked 5,125 Times in 1,930 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
Nope, the vaccination is not 100%. But for the first 85 million vaccinated, according to the CDC, it is 99.992%. So to all those that don't want to share a cart, enjoy walking from the cart path (which is even more fun if it is 100 yards from your ball)
The exercise is good.
Who are those 12 Villagers.
__________________
Mr. Helpful
Reply

Tags
group, carts, golf, couple, groups

Thread Tools

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:25 AM.