Closed Thread
Old 06-02-2021, 07:14 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewilson58 View Post
The exercise is good.
Who are those 12 Villagers.
10.4 based on a population of 130,000. It would really suck to be the 0.4 person.
Old 06-02-2021, 07:20 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,754 Times in 3,629 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
10.4 based on a population of 130,000. It would really suck to be the 0.4 person.
Old 06-03-2021, 08:44 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to DonH57

Never had an issue sharing a cart since I normally play with people and been vacc'd. But with an unknown person, no. Saw 4 fellows in 4 carts lined up yesterday to play Briarwood.
Old 06-03-2021, 09:03 PM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,211 Times in 350 Posts

I was vaccinated so I have no issue sharing a cart.
If you don’t believe that being vaccinated protects you from dying from COVID, then that’s the point of being vaccinated?
The COVID vaccine is so much more effective than most vaccines available today. If you are afraid of getting and dying from COVID then I have to assume you never go out in a thunder storm,etc. I’m curious if you have a higher probability dying in a car accident than dying from COVID after being vaccinated. I don’t know.... but if it’s true will you not get in a car because you might die in an accident?
Old 06-03-2021, 10:24 PM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:
Played Glenview this morning.
(course in great shape)

Three players in our group, three golf carts in our group.
Saw a couple other groups with > two carts.

What are you going to do this month????
My strategy is as follows, playing as a single. I only book my t times three days in advance so I can see how many other males and females are in each group. I avoid the obvious early PM wave times when men’s leagues tend to go out . If you see a bunch of consecutive groups booked as 3 males, avoid these. Guys in men’s leagues seem to feel they own the course and it’s a privilege to join them, so if you want to bring your own cart they designate you as cart path only. I look for either t times with several consecutive openings of 4 and pick one in the middle, so it’s unlikely the group will get filled, or I look to join a male/female twosome because those times rarely get filled up and you know the couple will be riding together. On Tuesday I played as a single and the starter told me I needed to either pair up with the threesome in front of me or behind me. I told him I would be glad to as long as I can ride in my own cart and not be restricted to cart path only. I explained to him that is why I booked a totally open slot. He didn’t see that coming but that was the end of the conversation, I played solo. On Wednesday I played with a very nice couple who were only playing 9 holes. At the turn, the starter and ambassador again tried to get me to join one of the threesomes on either side of me. Again , I said that would be fine as long as I can stay in my cart and ride to my ball. Once again I remained as a single. If they simply let me ride to my ball, I would have gladly joined one of the groups. It would have resulted in a faster round for everyone behind me, with the same number of carts on the fairway. Where is the logic behind that?

Can’t wait to play again, but I am on the shelf until these dam nasty allergies clear up. Bring on the rain to flush the pollen out of the air. Swing on : )
Old 06-04-2021, 04:54 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tophcfa View Post
My strategy is as follows,
Ditto

The other thing that helps is walking up to the Starter Shack with a cigar in your mouth.
Doesn't have to be lit, jus have it in your mouth.
Old 06-04-2021, 05:04 AM
Sage

Quote:
My strategy is as follows, playing as a single. I only book my t times three days in advance so I can see how many other males and females are in each group. I avoid the obvious early PM wave times when men’s leagues tend to go out . If you see a bunch of consecutive groups booked as 3 males, avoid these. Guys in men’s leagues seem to feel they own the course and it’s a privilege to join them, so if you want to bring your own cart they designate you as cart path only. I look for either t times with several consecutive openings of 4 and pick one in the middle, so it’s unlikely the group will get filled, or I look to join a male/female twosome because those times rarely get filled up and you know the couple will be riding together. On Tuesday I played as a single and the starter told me I needed to either pair up with the threesome in front of me or behind me. I told him I would be glad to as long as I can ride in my own cart and not be restricted to cart path only. I explained to him that is why I booked a totally open slot. He didn’t see that coming but that was the end of the conversation, I played solo. On Wednesday I played with a very nice couple who were only playing 9 holes. At the turn, the starter and ambassador again tried to get me to join one of the threesomes on either side of me. Again , I said that would be fine as long as I can stay in my cart and ride to my ball. Once again I remained as a single. If they simply let me ride to my ball, I would have gladly joined one of the groups. It would have resulted in a faster round for everyone behind me, with the same number of carts on the fairway. Where is the logic behind that?

Can’t wait to play again, but I am on the shelf until these dam nasty allergies clear up. Bring on the rain to flush the pollen out of the air. Swing on : )
Quote:
Ditto

The other thing that helps is walking up to the Starter Shack with a cigar in your mouth.
Doesn't have to be lit, jus have it in your mouth.
You both seem to be going to extraordinary lengths to ride alone, so the obvious questions are:

Did you go to these lengths prior to March 2020?
If not, are you vaccinated?

If you are vaccinated, there is no reason not to double up in a cart, even with a complete stranger, even if they are not vaccinated (unless they smell).

If you are not vaccinated, you two should ride with each other

As far as a linked group "designating" someone to stay on the cart path, the rule had been that the person who refuses to double up is the person who stays on the cart path. Other players DO NOT get to make the rule. Of course, by this time, your enjoyable day of golf is out the window. Also, since YOU are the one that refuses to double up........
Old 06-04-2021, 05:14 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
You both seem to be going to extraordinary lengths to ride alone,
Ahhhhhhhh. Inquiring minds want to know.
Not extraordinary lengths, jus a preference when it comes to riding with a stranger.
There are many reasons why I have this preference, and have had for 10 years.
Old 06-04-2021, 05:28 AM
Sage

Quote:
Ahhhhhhhh. Inquiring minds want to know.
Not extraordinary lengths, jus a preference when it comes to riding with a stranger.
There are many reasons why I have this preference, and have had for 10 years.
That's good news that it's been 10 years. I didn't think you suffered from the garden variety covidnoia.

Of course, you have a completely different type of psychopathology (just kidding)

Last edited by golfing eagles; 06-04-2021 at 06:54 AM.
Old 06-04-2021, 06:28 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

Just more examples of folks who think they are more privileged than everyone else. Grow up and follow the guidelines. Or don't play golf. It was fun while it lasted but now it's over. Why do some people think they are so much better than everyone else. Got to have it there way or they will break the rules.

If someone joins our group and refuses to go 2 to a cart, I am telling the starter we offered but they will not ride with someone else so the two in the fairway will be the carts in my group and the joiner is restricted to the cart path. And if they break that rule we will have 3 carts in the fairway.
Old 06-04-2021, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l2ridehd View Post
Just more examples of folks who think they are more privileged than everyone else. Grow up and follow the guidelines. Or don't play golf. It was fun while it lasted but now it's over. Why do some people think they are so much better than everyone else. Got to have it there way or they will break the rules.

If someone joins our group and refuses to go 2 to a cart, I am telling the starter we offered but they will not ride with someone else so the two in the fairway will be the carts in my group and the joiner is restricted to the cart path. And if they break that rule we will have 3 carts in the fairway.
EXCELLENT
Old 06-04-2021, 08:08 AM
Sage
Thanked 9,035 Times in 2,730 Posts

Quote:

Hmmmm, that’s kind of out of character and harsh. Please explain how booking t times within the rules of the system, in an attempt to not get put into a situation where one has to pair up, makes one privileged, not following the guidelines, and think they are much better than everyone else? No rules were broken, the system was simply optimized to get a desired result within the constraints of the rules. Kind of like how successful corporations operate within constraints such as regulations and the tax code. And there is never a guarantee the strategy will work, there is always a possibility others will fill in the selected t time or last minute walk on’s will show up. If that happens the rules will be followed. But it’s always good to have a plan.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:23 AM
Veteran member
Thanked 1,319 Times in 462 Posts

Quote:
On Tuesday I played as a single and the starter told me I needed to either pair up with the threesome in front of me or behind me. I told him I would be glad to as long as I can ride in my own cart and not be restricted to cart path only. I explained to him that is why I booked a totally open slot. He didn’t see that coming but that was the end of the conversation, I played solo. On Wednesday I played with a very nice couple who were only playing 9 holes. At the turn, the starter and ambassador again tried to get me to join one of the threesomes on either side of me.)
The starter and ambassador were completely wrong. If you as a single are alone in the Tee spot that's your slot period. You always have the option to play with people before and behind you, if it's OK'd by all parties.
Old 06-04-2021, 08:56 AM
Sage

Quote:
Hmmmm, that’s kind of out of character and harsh. Please explain how booking t times within the rules of the system, in an attempt to not get put into a situation where one has to pair up, makes one privileged, not following the guidelines, and think they are much better than everyone else? No rules were broken, the system was simply optimized to get a desired result within the constraints of the rules. Kind of like how successful corporations operate within constraints such as regulations and the tax code. And there is never a guarantee the strategy will work, there is always a possibility others will fill in the selected t time or last minute walk on’s will show up. If that happens the rules will be followed. But it’s always good to have a plan.
You are absolutely correct. There is nothing wrong with doing exactly what you described. However, the overriding question is WHY is riding alone a desired result????. Again, unless the other person smells REAL bad
Old 06-04-2021, 10:05 AM
Sage

Quote:

Oh Boy!!

Example????................

This is an example of someone who does not know the rules.
The "guidelines" do allow a third & fourth cart on the course, just not in the fairway.

Hope your life improves.
I shall pray for you.

Last edited by dewilson58; 06-04-2021 at 10:28 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
group, carts, golf, couple, groups

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.