You won't believe this

Closed Thread
Old 06-19-2013, 05:50 AM
Default You won't believe this

Sunday evening after playing golf at Glenview we were driving south on the golf path passing Saddlelbrook when we saw a man urinating at the second hole.
Then the next day I was at Palmer, I just loaded my clubs on the cart, turned around to go and fill my water bottle when I saw a man washing his clubs in the drinking fountain.
What is wrong with people?
Old 06-19-2013, 06:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOJODO View Post
Sunday evening after playing golf at Glenview we were driving south on the golf path passing Saddlelbrook when we saw a man urinating at the second hole.
Then the next day I was at Palmer, I just loaded my clubs on the cart, turned around to go and fill my water bottle when I saw a man washing his clubs in the drinking fountain.
Unfortunately I do believe it - I live on Glenview and you would not believe what we see happening on the golf course, and unfortunately the great majority of the people involved are elderly. Sometimes we have the pleasure of seeing a couple of the young pros play and their manners on the golf course are impeccable. We put it down to the huge number of people living here now - the more people, the more diverse the community.

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-19-2013, 06:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madelaine Amee View Post
Unfortunately I do believe it - I live on Glenview and you would not believe what we see happening on the golf course, and unfortunately the great majority of the people involved are elderly. Sometimes we have the pleasure of seeing a couple of the young pros play and their manners on the golf course are impeccable. We put it down to the huge number of people living here now - the more people, the more diverse the community.
Madelaine, You KNOW I have the highest respect for everything you write but since I am um....elderly, I guess, it all depends how you look at it, then I gotta say this. That guy didn't care where he peed when he was twenty and some people would wash their clubs in the holy water fountain. Golf is way important around here.

I am teasing you a bit Madelaine, I am NOT getting after you. You are a dear person and a smart one too.
Old 06-19-2013, 06:46 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,039 Times in 373 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
Madelaine, You KNOW I have the highest respect for everything you write but since I am um....elderly, I guess, it all depends how you look at it, then I gotta say this. That guy didn't care where he peed when he was twenty and some people would wash their clubs in the holy water fountain. Golf is way important around here.

I am teasing you a bit Madelaine, I am NOT getting after you. You are a dear person and a smart one too.
I agree with you Gracie, and we too come under the very mature heading, so it was not necessarily directed at the age. I think I was trying to make the point that it is people who should know better, but they obviously don't, or they just don't care - when something like this is mentioned I think of my Father and the very last thing that man would have done is pee'd in public.

(And thanks for the kind words).

Law of Logical Argument: Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about!

Since light travels faster than sound, some people appear bright until you hear them speak
Old 06-19-2013, 07:43 AM
Sage

Quote:
Maybe the guy you thought was urinating didn't drive his ball past the ladies' tees.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:47 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1947 View Post
Oh, so you were just kidding!

Nope. I wasn't kidding, I was making a point, I hope with a light heart and a smile, I was defending my elderly state and making sure that someone I respect mightily was not offended.

Around here and I include myself, Golf is not a matter of life and death, it is much more important than that. (We have a sign in our home that says that).

So if I thought washing my clubs in the holy water font would help my game, I would do it, but I'd ask father first.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:13 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts

Maybe when they build a golf course in a senior community they should put in a couple more outhouses----and I don't mean right behind someone's home. Mainly just for us old' guys as you ladies don't seem to "go" as often. Just kidding---sort of. No excuse for that kind of behavior. Fore!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

I could use a rest room at the TG mailboxes, halfway around my walk. Dog does a much better job of holding it.

And another obnoxioux habit... some men on the pickleball court take the lid off of the water cooler and dunk their hats in it. Ewww!
Old 06-19-2013, 09:33 AM
Sage

what worries me is that people will violate more rules of common social behavior than I do.
It never crossed my mind til now that other people in my hood might excel me in behaving badly.
Rebel without a clue,
Kitty
Old 06-19-2013, 09:53 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post

And another obnoxioux habit... some men on the pickleball court take the lid off of the water cooler and dunk their hats in it. Ewww!
Please tell me that this isn't true.
Old 06-19-2013, 09:56 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Think positively....what if the situation was reversed...what if he had peed in the water fountain and cleaned his clubs in the bushes?
Old 06-19-2013, 10:36 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by duffysmom View Post
Please tell me that this isn't true.
It has been observed by a reliable source, unfortunately, over the summer months.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:37 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeC1947 View Post
I don't believe that. Why start a rumor?
This is NOT a rumor. It is a fact. Do not accuse me of starting a rumor. I DO NOT start or perpetuate rumors.
Old 06-19-2013, 10:47 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44125 View Post
Think positively....what if the situation was reversed...what if he had peed in the water fountain and cleaned his clubs in the bushes?
Ha Ha hearty ha ha
Ecclesiasites 3:12
Old 06-19-2013, 10:52 AM
Platinum member

Trying to maintain perspective. I think there are a lot of people in TV who couldn't care less about golf. It certainly is no excuse for that behavior.

"Do no harm" (but take no sh**!)
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.